PDA

View Full Version : Getting information without outing auction???

D.P.Johnson
01-23-2015, 02:20 PM
I occasionally see items of interest but am hesitant to pull the trigger without having other opinion(s) on them regarding their authenticity, scarcity, etc...

What is a good way to get an opinion about items(s) without outing the auctions???

bcbgcbrcb
01-23-2015, 02:34 PM
You can try just saving the scan of the item on your computer and then uploading it on Net 54 rather than providing a link to the auction listing itself.

drcy
01-23-2015, 02:44 PM
I'm not an active buyer of baseball cards or memorabilia. You can ask me without worry of me bidding.

swarmee
01-23-2015, 02:46 PM
I occasionally see items of interest but am hesitant to pull the trigger without having other opinion(s) on them regarding their authenticity, scarcity, etc...

What is a good way to get an opinion about items(s) without outing the auctions???

Private message to trusted board member; I've done it a couple of times, and members have been willing to help.

D.P.Johnson
01-23-2015, 02:47 PM
You can try just saving the scan of the item on your computer and then uploading it on Net 54 rather than providing a link to the auction listing itself.

Unfortunately, I think if I did that, people would easily be able to search the various auction houses and find the item(s) pretty easily...:(...But, I like the idea nonetheless...

D.P.Johnson
01-23-2015, 02:48 PM
I'm not an active buyer of baseball cards or memorabilia. You can ask me without worry of me bidding.

Thank you...I might take you up on that offer...:)...

D.P.Johnson
01-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Private message to trusted board member; I've done it a couple of times, and members have been willing to help.

Great idea!...Now, who do I trust???...:)...

Runscott
01-23-2015, 02:53 PM

Same here - I don't do card searches on ebay, so feel free to ask me without fear of my interfering. Memorabilia is a different thing.

As far as contacting card collectors for advice - don't do it. It's really not fair to them, as they might be thinking: "I might have noticed that before the auction ended, so this sucks."

D.P.Johnson
01-23-2015, 04:26 PM
Same here - I don't do card searches on ebay, so feel free to ask me without fear of my interfering. Memorabilia is a different thing.

As far as contacting card collectors for advice - don't do it. It's really not fair to them, as they might be thinking: "I might have noticed that before the auction ended, so this sucks."

Thanks Scott...Great point!...