PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: This is a discussion forum, not B/S/T

swarmee
01-21-2015, 08:11 PM
Please delete your posts and put them up in the B/S/T section where they belong.
Thanks,
Non-management

Leon
01-22-2015, 07:42 AM
Please delete your posts and put them up in the B/S/T section where they belong.
Thanks,
Non-management

We always appreciate help on directing forum members.
There has always been some BST action permitted in the sections other than the main page. The amount of threads in other sections warrants a few BST deals if so desired.

management

ps....that being said I would concur that there are more BST transactions listed in this section than should be.....there is a BST section for that aspect of collecting...a few BST threads is no big deal but when I look down the forum it is MOSTLY BST stuff and it shouldn't be.

jefferyepayne
01-24-2015, 03:51 PM
B/S/T items for football belong in the "Everything Else B/S/T" forum. Can we please put all of these threads that are popping up where they belong? Or would management please move them for us? I'd do it if I could.

A different non-management person.

jeff

clamendo
01-24-2015, 08:14 PM
The real issue is that there are about 10 categories for baseball cards, memorabilia, etc and B/S/t all the rest is stuffed in "everything else".This is predominately a baseball forum. So, as things evolved football collectors have gathered here and Leon has allowed it for the reasons he said above. So be careful what you ask for or you might be spending a lot of time scrolling through people selling old price guides, auction catalogues, and whatever junk they have laying around to find your R311 Christensen(which I'm glad you found).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jefferyepayne
01-25-2015, 07:29 AM
Not calling you out AT ALL for this, Carl. You are an active contributor to this forum and add a lot of value. If you want to occasionally post a B/S/T here I don't see a problem with it. Plus it's probably something I might want to buy :)

I guess what I don't like is that recently there's been a lot of for sale posts here from people who don't participate in this forum so are using it just as B/S/T which its not intended to be.

jeff

Leon
01-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Not calling you out AT ALL for this, Carl. You are an active contributor to this forum and add a lot of value. If you want to occasionally post a B/S/T here I don't see a problem with it. Plus it's probably something I might want to buy :)

I guess what I don't like is that recently there's been a lot of for sale posts here from people who don't participate in this forum so are using it just as B/S/T which its not intended to be.

jeff

The issue is that if we say it's ok some of the time (to do BST here) then what is "some of the time"? And no, Carl, you are not an issue at all. It just seems this has become almost completely a BST section and that isn't what it is here for. I am open for debate and will do what the masses want, most likely. But the Everything else section of the BST doesn't get too much action so the Football BST being there might work....

jefferyepayne
01-25-2015, 10:30 AM
The issue is that if we say it's ok some of the time (to do BST here) then what is "some of the time"? And no, Carl, you are not an issue at all. It just seems this has become almost completely a BST section and that isn't what it is here for. I am open for debate and will do what the masses want, most likely. But the Everything else section of the BST doesn't get too much action so the Football BST being there might work....

Thanks Leon. I always check the Everything secton of BST for football stuff as I've found a few nuggets of gold there in previous years so that makes perfect sense to me.

I know we're not a big enough football community to have our own BST section but someday it would be nice.

jeff

clamendo
01-25-2015, 11:23 AM
Jeff
Are you familiar with Line? One of the CFL guys recently invited it. It's a social network with a CFL group. Give me a buzz this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clamendo
01-25-2015, 06:11 PM
Just for the heck of it ...I looked at the last 100 posts in the everything else BST forum. Football dominates it, but also found posts for selling:
A paper wasp nest
Vintage tattoo related materials
A Johnny Cash painting
Gold coins
Comic books
Uncle Sam Bank
Schwinn Bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tuckr1
01-26-2015, 07:25 AM
I think a BST football section would be great and apparently much needed with all the BST listed in the football forum

Thanks Tucker