PDA

View Full Version : Ideas/Advice On Shipping A '54 Set

Beatles Guy
01-21-2015, 12:03 PM
I pride myself in being able to package up my sales and trades safe and secure. That being said, I am getting ready to put up a near complete '54 Topps set for sale (shameless plug) and am at a loss as to the best way to do this. When and if I do sell it, what would be the best way to secure and package an oversized set like this? All of the cards are in Card Saver 1's. Thanks in advance.

D.P.Johnson
01-21-2015, 12:41 PM
I would think if you put the cards inside of several of those long corrugated cardboard storage boxes and then put those boxes inside of another box the cards should arrive at their destination safely. If I bought a nice set like that and received them packaged in that manner, I would be pleased...

autograf
01-21-2015, 12:47 PM
Card saver 1's inside of the box they originally came in (or boxes). When you pack them inside an outer box be sure there's 2 inches of packing peanuts all around the box and fully insure them. They should be safe from any issues. That's the way a The UPS Store would pack them for you (I used to own one........). Good luck!

almostdone
01-21-2015, 02:20 PM
These are great suggestions for card savers. Just a thought about shipping in 8 or 9 pocket pages. Go to your local pizza resraunt (shameless plug) and see if you can get a new 14" box. Fold the box the way they would only inside out. The pages fit perfect without much wiggle room. You can fill around the edges with crumpled newspaper. If only pages and not in a binder I would suggest putting a zip tie in the page holes to keep them uniform. The box is sturdy and it's always fun getting a delivery, pizza or otherwise.:)
Drew

pclpads
01-22-2015, 01:29 AM
+1 for what Tom and DP said. Just sent a long box of three rows of '57T cards in CS2's, laid flat end to end in one. Nice, snug fit with a little bubble wrap. Taped it up then stuck it in a bigger box filled with p-nut s--t. Used clear 3m shipping tape to seal all flaps. Sent it FedEx ground with direct sig. I think FE is better - cheaper? - than USPS. Three biz days to recipient.

Beatles Guy
01-22-2015, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the advice gentlemen. I just get a little nervous when shipping a set like this.