PDA

View Full Version : Leland's Customer Service WOW!

danmckee
01-20-2015, 07:45 PM
WOW! I inquired about the lot I thought I had won and received an explanation within a few hours and a more than fair and professional resolution to the very minor issue.

Thanks and Kudos to my good friend Kevin Bronson with a special thanks to Josh and Laura who also contacted me.

Thanks Guys and Gals!

Sincerely,

Dan Mckee

joshleland
01-20-2015, 09:48 PM
Dan you chauvinist pig
That "nice lady in the office" is Laura Dreyfus a Lelands.com Vice President who has been with us over ten years and runs those auctions, prepares those beautiful catalogue and is one of the sharpest executives in the hobby
Thanks for the kudos in spite of your Neanderthal character we all know and love
Not to be political what are you going to do if Hillary Clinton becomes the nice lady in the White House
Personally Id prefer Chris Christie only because he's a jersey guy
And there's very little traffic near my house
Your friend
Josh Evans
Old Bridge, New Jersey

sports-rings
01-21-2015, 06:11 AM
Laura and the folks at Lelands (even Josh, LOL) are great people and great to work with.

I learned I was the high bidder on a nice item on Saturday morning. Knowing the bank was open on Saturday but not Monday, I went to the bank and got a certified check.

On Monday, a holiday no less, I called and Laura picked up the phone. I asked if I could pick up my lot that day with a certified check and of course she obliged.

thanks Lelands! Great job as always.

btcarfagno
01-21-2015, 06:14 AM
I haven't gotten my invoice yet. Would love to get the money out of my hands.

Tom C

packs
01-21-2015, 07:36 AM
I will vouch for Lelands as well. A few years ago I bought a questionable Ruth autograph in one of their auctions. I let them know I had reservations after getting some opinions on this very board. They took my reservations seriously and had the item looked at again. When it was found not to be authentic they canceled my payment and gave me a voucher for a future auction. No hassles.

BeanTown
01-21-2015, 07:45 AM
Wish I was closer too them to actually go meet them while I pickup winnings. I think I might be there awhile looking at all the great looking people they have working there from there pictures in the catalog! Wow

sports-rings
01-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Wish I was closer too them to actually go meet them while I pickup winnings. I think I might be there awhile looking at all the great looking people they have working there from there pictures in the catalog! Wow

Living in the Long Island, NY City area, I have visted Lelands, REA, and Goldin Auctions, and Clean Sweep auctions.

Seeing each auction house and meeting the people have been great experiences. The "Stuff" they house before and right after the auction is amazing!

Runscott
01-21-2015, 09:57 AM
Living in the Long Island, NY City area, I have visted Lelands, REA, and Goldin Auctions, and Clean Sweep auctions.

Four 'nice men' running each of these offices. I would not hesitate to ask any of them to fetch me a cup of coffee if I visited.

Nothing like poking Dan :)

buymycards
01-21-2015, 11:32 AM
It is very refreshing to hear good things about an auction company. I have never bid in a Leland's auction, but I am now registered and I hope to place a few bids in their next auction.

Rick

geor952
01-21-2015, 02:56 PM
At the last National, in Cleveland, I stopped at their booth to get their opinion on a 1961 signed Koufax Topps card, a graduation gift from my father. Josh wasn't there, but the entire booth stopped what they were doing to give my little card all of their attention. In their booth was hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of memorabilia, and you would have thought my little card was the best thing ever, with the kindness and the attention they gave me and it. They said it was real. I then left the booth and sat in the food court. A few minutes later Josh tapped me on the shoulder and said his colleagues pointed me out and he offered to give me his opinion. I couldn't believe it! Of course the auto passed 3rd party grading. A great company that really added to my time at the National!

joshleland
01-21-2015, 03:41 PM
Tom
I believe invoices went out the night of the auction
Maybe because we don't have your email address is where the problem lies but I'm not sure
Let me know and I will make sure you get taken care of
Josh
Jevans@optonline.net

btcarfagno
01-21-2015, 03:46 PM
Tom
I believe invoices went out the night of the auction
Maybe because we don't have your email address is where the problem lies but I'm not sure
Let me know and I will make sure you get taken care of
Josh
Jevans@optonline.net

Laura took care of me. She helped me change email addresses in your system a week or so ago. It may have gone to the old one. She sent it to me and payment hit the mailbox before it got picked up today. Hopefully it gets to you Thursday or Friday.

Tom C

Donscards
01-21-2015, 04:39 PM
Talk about great service from a auction house---For the 1st time in my history of buying cards in a auction, I received my card (monday) before they even received my check---Fastest ever---Great job at Lelands.

joshleland
01-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Don Hontz has been my friend for about 25 years. When I cannot trust him to pay me I'm done. We sent out a lot of people's stuff without payment after this auction. That's one of the things I love about this hobby. For years I have been taking pieces off of people's tables with a simple I'll bring payment by later. I've been questioned about this by the table holder perhaps once or twice in all these years. How can I not do the same for you.
Josh Evans

ibuysportsephemera
01-21-2015, 06:41 PM
Earlier this year I picked up my winnings in person from Lelands. Laura is a great person to deal with! Great customer service is an understatement.

Jeff

hshrimps
01-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Well... I have a diff opinion. They had a 86-87 Fleer BBK full box in their last auction. They stated they will list the breakdown of those packs online. I emailed them a week before the auction ends for the breakdown and was told they will post it two days before the auction ends. (Two days before the auction ends is kind of late, don't you think? But ok...) I waited and waited and waited and nothing was listed. I was mad :mad: and didn't bother to bid. I feel sorry to the consignor since such list never exist I would think. :(

joshleland
01-21-2015, 10:55 PM
As for the fleer box that stuff just happens
It's not good but that's the most honest answer I can give
At the end of the auction we are literally deluged with requests and sometimes we cannot get to them all
In the future email me directly and I will do everything in my power to get it done
Not an excuse as you're right the consignor might have lost out
But perhaps a remedy for the future if you decide to fleerbid again
I hope so
Josh evans

Mikehealer
01-22-2015, 05:31 AM
As for the fleer box that stuff just happens
It's not good but that's the most honest answer I can give
At the end of the auction we are literally deluged with requests and sometimes we cannot get to them all
In the future email me directly and I will do everything in my power to get it done
Not an excuse as you're right the consignor might have lost out
But perhaps a remedy for the future if you decide to fleerbid again
I hope so
Josh evans

How did the consignor react when you told him of your poor customer service that cost him additional bids on his consignment?

calvindog
01-22-2015, 07:27 AM
How did the consignor react when you told him of your poor customer service that cost him additional bids on his consignment?

Mike, let me give you a tip -- Josh does NOT appreciate criticism. LOLOL

PM770
01-22-2015, 07:43 AM
Jeff, I'm surprised he never re-appeared in that restoration thread to refute your accusations of shill-bidding.

Perhaps I shouldn't be.

Mikehealer
01-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Mike, let me give you a tip -- Josh does NOT appreciate criticism. LOLOL

Duly noted.

danmckee
01-22-2015, 08:33 AM
Well... I have a diff opinion. They had a 86-87 Fleer BBK full box in their last auction. They stated they will list the breakdown of those packs online. I emailed them a week before the auction ends for the breakdown and was told they will post it two days before the auction ends. (Two days before the auction ends is kind of late, don't you think? But ok...) I waited and waited and waited and nothing was listed. I was mad :mad: and didn't bother to bid. I feel sorry to the consignor since such list never exist I would think. :(

I have had this happen to me before at other auction houses, actually Lew Lipset even cussed me out once when I asked for a back scan the day before his auction ended. I could see his point that I was late and understood.

If it is an item that I really need extra info on, I bug the piss out of them and will even call and have them look at something right then for me.

I am not saying you should have had to bug them about it but that usually does work if it is an item you think you may have to have.

Dan

Runscott
01-22-2015, 10:19 AM
I have had this happen to me before at other auction houses

I think we all have. I wish my worst experience was not getting questions answered about 86 Fleer cards. If that's the worst experience of the guy who posted it, please, please, please, call me at around two in the morning when I'm having trouble sleeping, and read me the detail from the lesser ones.

I have a group of 4-5 AH's that are pretty much tied for extraordinary service in my opinion, and Leland's is one of them.