PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get anything from the Lelands Auction?

btcarfagno
01-17-2015, 10:14 AM
I ended up winning two lots. I got the Fatima poster with Grover Alexander and the Babe Adams photo/RPPC collection. I can't wait to get that in hand to see what is in there and try to identify some of the participants. Most interesting to me was what seems to be a group of photos of one individual after another in street clothes taken with a giant Sweet Caporal cigarette ad in the background. Perhaps taken at a ballpark with the fence in the background? Would love if a T206 subject or two might be photgraphed like that. Can't wait to get that lot in hand.

Tom C

BeanTown
01-17-2015, 10:19 AM
Featuring Mathewson, McGraw and some guy named Thorpe who didnt play long.

ethicsprof
01-17-2015, 10:22 AM
great acquisitions!! It's always great fun waiting for the prizes and surprises.
all the best,
barry

BeanTown
01-17-2015, 10:23 AM
Whats cool about the program is he Carl Horner pictures on the inside of it. I looked at the fatima posters and placed a bid on the Ruth. Im curious to the stock of the paper on them.

btcarfagno
01-17-2015, 10:32 AM
I was in on the Ruth as well. Think I missed it by two or three bid increments or so. I like the size of them. Will let you know about the paper stock if no one else chimes in about it before it arrives. Was the underbidder on the T207 lot. Thank goodness. I made a mistake when I bid as I forgot that when you put in a max bid with Leland's you can't just go up to the next bid increment but you have to jump one, which is actually two bid increments. In my careless stupidity I hit the max bid and ok'd it, then later realized I had gone about $320 over where I was willing to go. The notification at around midnight that some one had saved me from my own stupidity was like music to my ears. Great lot though.

Tom C

BeanTown
01-17-2015, 10:43 AM
I did the same thing on the Roy Campy 1943 PC. After I hit it, I realized what itdid but then it said I was still outbid. Ended up as underbidder. I hope Lelands gets more upto speed with having auctions end in a reasonable time. A 15 minute rule per lot would be better for them and consigners/buyers. I was outbid on a lot after 4am. If I was up which I wasnt being in Atlanta, I would have bid more. Im old school where I never leave high top all bids too. Plus, I wold love to see thumbnail images come up on the watch page so you can SEE all the items you bid on and are watching. Other than that, the auction and site worked and looked great.

Good job Josh

Jc

davefeidt
01-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Fell asleep early with no hope of actually winning it but got lucky.

Peter_Spaeth
01-17-2015, 11:04 AM
Left handed Mathewson?

Runscott
01-17-2015, 11:09 AM
Same here - tough items - very glad to pick up one:

http://www.lelands.com/Zip/Image?path=/public/auctionimages/0/74/74827/xl_74827-1_635542754437210249.jpg

calvindog
01-17-2015, 08:57 PM
Im old school where I never leave high top all bids too.

Jc

Thanks to the old school guys, neither do I.