PDA

View Full Version : Seeking High Value Sports Consignments: Sold on eBay & Featured in Nationwide Media

Sportsguy20
01-12-2015, 12:20 PM
Hi Net54 Collectors/Members,
Do you own a graded card or graded card collection valued at over $5,000?
I am looking for a few high dollar consignments to be sold on eBay in the coming weeks. These select consignments will be written up and featured on Parade.Com which attracts tens of millions unique visitors each month.
Great opportunity for maximum exposure.

PM with questions.

Thank You,
Michael Osacky

Sean1125
01-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Michael, what company do you work for? Best of luck.

Sportsguy20
01-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Sean,
I don't work for any company or auction house. Just trying to help consignors maximize value of their collectibles.

Thanks,
Michael

frankbmd
01-12-2015, 12:55 PM
After looking at parade.com for the first time, I'm not sure what aspect of high valued sports cards sales is enhanced by that exposure. We are pretty savvy here on Net54, and this pitch belongs in the questionable file, a round can next to my desk.

ullmandds
01-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Nice Frank...and I agree...this is the same "parade" insert in some small market sunday newspapers I presume?

If so this is more a venue for our recipe's and kim K gossip...not high buck vintage collectibles.

Runscott
01-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Nice Frank...and I agree...this is the same "parade" insert in some small market sunday newspapers I presume?

If so this is more a venue for our recipe's and kim K gossip...not high buck vintage collectibles.

The real question is whether or not the 'exposure' would end up like this baseball:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=1144163#post1144163

Peter_Spaeth
01-12-2015, 01:22 PM
It's amazing that the genius IQ level columnist who writes for Parade is actually named Marilyn Vos Savant.

rdwyer
01-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Tens of millions? And i thought this was the place to get exposure.

Sportsguy20
01-12-2015, 01:46 PM
One of the best things about the Net54 board is our sense of humor. Thanks for the laughs. However, my post was serious. There will be some marketing behind this push.

Peter_Spaeth
01-12-2015, 02:11 PM
After looking at parade.com for the first time, I'm not sure what aspect of high valued sports cards sales is enhanced by that exposure. We are pretty savvy here on Net54, and this pitch belongs in the questionable file, a round can next to my desk.

Back East we call that the circular file. Agree with you though, at least in the absence of any information at all about experience, track record, etc. If I were looking to move, say, a 52T Mantle, Parade Magazine wouldn't be the first place that came to mind.

frankbmd
01-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Back East we call that the circular file. Agree with you though, at least in the absence of any information at all about experience, track record, etc. If I were looking to move, say, a 52T Mantle, Parade Magazine wouldn't be the first place that came to mind.

Peter, you never fail to impress me with your breadth of knowledge, but in New Haven a round can is a circular file. What they call it in Kansas City is anybody's guess.:D

ksabet
01-12-2015, 02:41 PM
One of the best things about the Net54 board is our sense of humor. Thanks for the laughs. However, my post was serious. There will be some marketing behind this push.

Are you sure about this? I am wondering what other analytics went into thinking this was a good outlet for high grade cards to be pushed?

10,000,000 3rd graders, stay-at-home-moms or bridge-playing elderly widows wouldn't be the ideal target demographic.

Sportsguy20
01-12-2015, 02:54 PM
To be clear, the cards will be sold on eBay exclusively

ullmandds
01-12-2015, 03:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWa3rYXy25A

autocentral
01-12-2015, 03:09 PM
This thread is so confusing and definitely super vague in describing exactly what you are doing.

If this is a really serious thing I would really try to give more information on everything, if not it just becomes laughable.

-Nick

Peter_Spaeth
01-12-2015, 03:11 PM
To be clear, the cards will be sold on eBay exclusively

May we know your ID? (There is no sportsguy20, I thought of that.)

Peter_Spaeth
01-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Peter, you never fail to impress me with your breadth of knowledge, but in New Haven a round can is a circular file. What they call it in Kansas City is anybody's guess.:D

Perhaps the man at the bottom of the leaderboard can enlighten us. :eek:

frankbmd
01-12-2015, 03:14 PM
deep pocket collectors.;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVus6eJA1yI

Luke
01-12-2015, 03:15 PM
This thread is so confusing and definitely super vague in describing exactly what you are doing.

If this is a really serious thing I would really try to give more information on everything, if not it just becomes laughable.

-Nick

Yeah, if this is legit, you need to start over and write a new post explaining who you are, why you would be a good place to consign, why you are trustworthy, etc. Right now it just reads like, "Hey bros, please send me some $5k cards, and I'll probably sell them on ebay, k thanks."

01-12-2015, 03:43 PM
From an article written by the OP (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-osacky/how-to-value-sports-memorabilia_b_2670136.html):

Baseballs or baseballs?
Generally, autographs on baseballs, bats and jerseys are worth more than autographs on cards or baseballs.

How long is genuine length?
I measured every card from every year to make sure the cards were genuine.

ullmandds
01-12-2015, 03:52 PM
WOW! They'll let anyone on the internet these days!

RGold
01-12-2015, 03:52 PM

Us Kansas folk just use trash eating cows. :D:D:D

http://photos.imageevent.com/rgold/ebay/image_1.jpg

Sportsguy20
01-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys for giving me a second go-round and making things a bit clearer.
My website is www.baseballintheattic.com
ebay user id is ASPORTSATTIC (100% positive)
I am based in Chicago

This is a genuine partnership between ebay and Parade. Both executive teams are aware and very supportive.

Cards will be sold on ebay exclusively. Links will be embed into ebay item description linking to a full article on Parade.com that I will write regarding the rarity or story behind the card(s).

As I write for different venues, I also have interviewed many owners and high ranking execs of professional sports franchises. These folks have money and are buying very specific items for their collections/museums. However, these folks aren't always on ebay.

Next month I will post my interview with Al Kaline. I know of a MLB exec looking for a 1954 Topps Al Kaline PSA 9. If somebody was to consign that card with me, i would sell it on ebay, write up a nice column for Parade to be included with my interview. Lastly, I would notify the potential interested parties of this item.

I am stepping out in a bit to watch the football game tonite, but always available to answer questions.

Thanks,
Michael

Leon
01-12-2015, 04:06 PM
From an article written by the OP (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-osacky/how-to-value-sports-memorabilia_b_2670136.html):

Baseballs or baseballs?

How long is genuine length?

I found this quote quite interesting...

"e. Year of the card (most cards from 1970-present are virtually worthless)"

Yikes, please don't tell the guys paying serious bucks for those cards. They will be pissed.

bobbyw8469
01-12-2015, 04:08 PM
LMAO....that high bidder of the Jerry Rice PSA 10 rookie card on Ebay currently needs to see that!

tschock
01-12-2015, 07:13 PM

Yikes, please don't tell the guys paying serious bucks for those cards. They will be pissed.

C'mon guys! Lighten up. It's Monday! :D

Take the statement for what it is. A generalization. MOST cards from 1970-present ARE virtually worthless. Think of the millions and millions of cards from the '80s and all the beat-up '70s stuff out there and the statement isn't that unreasonable.

And look at it this way. He's actually providing a service, so that I won't expect to make a ton of money off all those '88 Donruss cards I have when I pull out my price guide. ;)

sycks22
01-12-2015, 07:36 PM

Trying saying that to my 1991 stadium club Frank Thomas

bnorth
01-12-2015, 07:42 PM
C'mon guys! Lighten up. It's Monday! :D

Take the statement for what it is. A generalization. MOST cards from 1970-present ARE virtually worthless. Think of the millions and millions of cards from the '80s and all the beat-up '70s stuff out there and the statement isn't that unreasonable.

And look at it this way. He's actually providing a service, so that I won't expect to make a ton of money off all those '88 Donruss cards I have when I pull out my price guide. ;)

I think he was being generous with the 70's date. I would say the 99% of all baseball cards ever printed are worthless or close to it. Take away the star players, the highly overpriced plastic holders, and the cards that are in amazing shape for their age and all that is left is a bunch of cheap junk. A person can go on ebay or our B/S/T section and buy 100 year old cards for $10 or less anytime.

Rollingstone206
01-13-2015, 07:34 PM