PDA

View Full Version : Zinn Beck Pie Traynor Bat

ExileInDC
01-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Hello all, I am interested in a Zinn Beck 1920s "Type of Bat Used by Traynor" that has been around on EBay for a couple of years. (If you're in the hobby, you probably know of the bat.) I've done my research on ZB bats of the era, so I'm not looking for a retelling of the ZB history/Mears article/etc., but I AM interested in anyone's opinion of the bat in question. Not just the price (everyone has a different opinion of "value," but more the particulars of the bat itself (and any red flags one might see). BTW, I collect PIRATE-related bats, so strange things may interest me. http://www.bobby1ray2.com/lfc/vintagebats/images/vb01585.jpg

MGHPro
01-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Don't know what you are really looking for... you've done your research so that
s a plus. Its a rare bat, no doubt about it. If you are looking for any traynor bat, I'd say pick up a spalding as IMO they display nicer than a block letter and it will cost you less. If you want a ZB Traynor, then buy it cause they don't come along often.
Matt

ExileInDC
01-11-2015, 05:57 PM
Matt, thanks! I've got a nice Paul Waner Spalding Autograph that I didn't pay a lot for, I agree they are great looking bats.

KrenBats
01-12-2015, 09:03 AM
I'm not as familiar with Zinn Beck bats, but I'm pretty sure that this bat originated from the Louisville Slugger barn find in the mid-1990's.