PDA

View Full Version : Is this ebay seller legit?

dzolot
01-09-2015, 06:59 PM
http://www.ebay.com/usr/battlefield0516?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

How can these cards be in such good condition without being graded? If it's to good to be true? Or are these cards legit??

Thanks for your help!

ceast
01-09-2015, 07:03 PM
I have never dealt with the seller, but check his negative and neutral feedback. Many of them say the cards were either not the same card in the photo (i.e., stock photo and lesser quality card sent) or that the cards were trimmed.

Gobucsmagic74
01-09-2015, 07:03 PM
This seller has been discussed here before and my only advice is if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

dclarkraiders
01-09-2015, 07:43 PM
Read the sellers comments to the negative feedback that has been received. For that reason I will never bid on one of their auctions.

Duane Clark

Stonepony
01-09-2015, 08:08 PM
I have bought once. The card photo was altered. Lesson learned

BlueDevil89
01-09-2015, 08:17 PM
How many negative feedback reports with the same claim does ebay need to receive before they ban a seller like battlefield0516 ? I would have thought that a seller with this many negative feedback reports for misrepresenting the product in the pictures would have been shut down by now.

vthobby
01-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Chris,
I know you are being serious but the facts are........

1. EBAY does not care.
2. EBAY does not care.
3. EBAY does not care.
4. All of the above.
5. See #4.

peace, mike

pokerplyr80
01-09-2015, 09:41 PM
I took a shot on a cy young t-206, looking too good to be true for the price, it was. Came back from PSA altered stock. No problem getting a refund. Card was relisted for sale before I even got it back form PSA guaranteed to be authentic and unaltered. I would stay away.

STL1944
01-09-2015, 09:54 PM
I have bought from this seller a couple of times and the cards if got back were stunning and appear to be legit. If others are having issues then it is good to know in the future.

the 'stache
01-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Based on the feedback alone, I would stay away. Actually, I would run in the other direction. Yes, I think this is a case of it seems too good to be true.

If you are looking for particular cards, I'd start looking in our own BST. If you don't see a card for sale, start a thread stating what you are looking for. Be mindful of the other members, and don't bump your topic every other day. I think when I was selling, I bumped about once a week. That seems about right to me. Also, limit the number of topics you have on a particular board to just a couple. If you show respect for the few "rules" the boards have, and the other members of Net 54, believe me, you will be on the road towards getting what you need for your collection. The people on this forum are great, and want to help each other.

I advertise in my signature what I am building, and then start topics in the appropriate forum discussing what I am building. I have people messaging me privately offering to help me with my build, asking what cards I am looking for, and in what condition, etc. The people here are great in providing lists and pictures of what they have, their asking price, etc. I am working on the 1975 Topps set right now until I am able to spend a little more, and get back to working on the T206 set, so people are inquiring about what I need.

Become an active, positive contributor to the forum. The way I see it, you will get out of Net 54 what you put into it. "Pay it forward". If you can do something to help a fellow board member, do it. I haven't had a lot of money to do some of the things I've wanted to, but I try to do other things to help people, like giving detailed answers to questions I might find, or helping people with research, etc. This is easily the best forum I've ever been on, and I've been on a good number of forums. Sometimes people will bump heads here, but for the most part, this place is one big, happy (although slightly dysfunctional) family. I love it here!

If there is anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to message me. I check this place at least a few times every day, the frequency changing depending on my pain level. But if you message me, I will always respond. I don't know everything, or close to everything, but I've learned a lot in the last few years because people have helped me, and pointed me in the right direction. I am more than happy to share what I have learned to help our new members out.

Have fun, and good luck!

Bill

dzolot
01-10-2015, 05:21 AM
Bill,
thank you for your detailed and informative answer! I have been more of a passive member of net54 for several years, but agree with you that this is a great place and the people here are exveptional and filled with a wealth of knowledge!!

David

whelenfan
01-10-2015, 05:35 AM
Chris,
I know you are being serious but the facts are........

1. EBAY does not care.
2. EBAY does not care.
3. EBAY does not care.
4. All of the above.
5. See #4.

peace, mike

ditto that

wolf441
01-10-2015, 07:01 AM
I love the response to every single negative feedback. He's like the North Korea of ebay sellers!! :D

Reply by battlefield0516 (Dec-16-14 11:23):
Unsubstantiated slander! ID has been blocked and user has been reported to eBay!

Leon
01-10-2015, 08:15 AM
I love the response to every single negative feedback. He's like the North Korea of ebay sellers!! :D

Reply by battlefield0516 (Dec-16-14 11:23):
Unsubstantiated slander! ID has been blocked and user has been reported to eBay!

Now that is funny....but yeah, he basically said everyone else is wrong and he is right. I always say, when everyone else is wrong, you need to look in the mirror....because "everyone else" is rarely wrong.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=battlefield0516&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

savedfrommyspokes
01-11-2015, 08:01 AM
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=185850

BlueDevil89
01-11-2015, 08:50 AM
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=185850

Thanks for providing this link!

danmckee
01-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Be very careful, this seller shill bids his auctions hence you will see many of the same items that supposedly previously sold be back up for auction.

My advice.... Stay clear.

irishdenny
01-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Kinda Humerous... When I clicked oN His Link to just check'em out, His items fir Sale number was 666 ... after reading others responses, I Went No Further :rolleyes:

tschock
01-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Kinda Humerous... When I clicked oN His Link to just check'em out, His items fir Sale number was 666 ... after reading others responses, I Went No Further :rolleyes:

LOL. Yep. I guess why they say the devil's in the details, such as.... maybe.... whether or not the corners are worn or square??? ;)

slipk1068
01-11-2015, 11:11 AM
I tried to bid on 1 of his auctions a few months ago, but he has me blocked. I am not sure why. I don't think I ever left anyone a neutral or negative feedback even the few times it was earned. He was probably selling something altered or bogus, and I called him on it.

I hope he keeps me blocked, so I can't make a mistake and accidentally bid.