PDA

View Full Version : Thurman Munson signed 3x5

rctaylor
01-06-2015, 10:07 PM
I purchased this Thurman Munson autographed 3x5 about 25 - 30 years ago from a autograph dealer named Greg Tucker. I have been wanting to have it framed whenever I found the right Munson photos that I liked. What do you all think of this? When I purchased it I was not as experienced as I am now & PSA or any of the other third party companies were not even around yet. I have finally found a couple Munson photos that I like & got it out to possibly have it matted & framed up. Munson has always been a tough one for me to pick out & Greg was a friend & one of the biggest autograph dealers around at the time.
Thank you for your help!
Robert

rctaylor
01-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Since I purchased that this was one of the first things I purchased on e-bay when I first registered as a bidder back in February 1999. I purchased this for around $125, it was not slabbed by PSA when I purchased it!
Thanks again!
Robert

Duluth Eskimo
01-08-2015, 11:01 PM
You may want to compare the two signatures. A number of things should jump out at you.

joed25
01-09-2015, 07:43 AM
I don't like it

rctaylor
01-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Well that is what I thought to. I have had it stored away for so many years that I did not remember what it looked like until I found the photos that I finally liked to matt it with. When I got it out & compared it to my card I seen some difference in the two signatures. That is my reason to ask for opinions. Didn't want to spent a lot of money getting it matted & framed if the autograph was no good!
Thanks everyone for your help!
Robert
p.s. just want to say again I appreciate everyones help on this & my Mantle card that I posted a few weeks ago. I have been a member of this site for a while but nver did much posting due to not being able to sit at my computer for long periods of time. Things are getting better so I can start spending more time on the computer. So I promise I will post other stuff from my collection instead of just asking everyone for their opinions on my autograph items! lol!