PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Auction

jad22
01-05-2015, 01:26 PM
http://www.auctionzip.com/aflive.html?method=getCatalogLots&catalogref=BGVALBMC64

I know I will be all over the Joe Kelley autographed ball.

btcarfagno
01-05-2015, 01:33 PM
Interesting as in.....? Love the Mickey Mantel items.

Tom C

Runscott
01-05-2015, 01:41 PM
They forgot to tell their Mickey to sign things 'Mantel'. So they have that going for them.

Lordstan
01-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Looks like the biggest collector in NH did a lot of shopping with Coaches Corner. That stuff is terrible.

jad22
01-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Interesting as I am skeptical, but just a tad.

jgmp123
01-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Garbage. All garbage.

btcarfagno
01-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Interesting as I am skeptical, but just a tad.

Ah. Gotcha.

They certainly have several hundred items to be skeptical about, so I get your drift.

Tom C

djson1
01-05-2015, 04:11 PM
the single signed Jimmie Foxx' estimated range is at $25,000?? I don't know if I've ever seen a single signed Foxx ball go for that much.

earlywynnfan
01-05-2015, 04:14 PM
the single signed Jimmie Foxx' estimated range is at $25,000?? I don't know if I've ever seen a single signed Foxx ball go for that much.

But this one has a Certificate of Authenticity!

Who makes a price range from $25,000-$25,100?? That cracks me up!

Klrdds
01-05-2015, 06:16 PM
I was curious to see who the COAs were issued by so I emailed them for more info . The response is what we all expected. Are you ready? The COAs were issued by Coaches Corner. That says it all.

btcarfagno
01-05-2015, 06:21 PM
I was curious to see who the COAs were issued by so I emailed them for more info . The response is what we all expected. Are you ready? The COAs were issued by Coaches Corner. That says it all.

Is the long awaited Amelia Earhart sharpie signed Bud Selig ball among the items in this auction? Now THAT would be interesting.

Tom C

jad22
01-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Is the long awaited Amelia Earhart sharpie signed Bud Selig ball among the items in this auction? Now THAT would be interesting.

Tom C

Or the book "Amelia Lost: The Life and Disappearance of Amelia Earhart", signed by Earhart.

daves_resale_shop
01-05-2015, 07:12 PM
This whole situation is pretty discouraging... another board member informed me of the auction as there was an item within it that he thought I may be interested in... I previewed the items, and was really bummed to see that many of the items were blatant forgeries...

I reached out to the auctioneer via email, offered my thoughts and phone number if he would like to chat... We had a conversation last night in which he seemed pretty humble and was going to research the certs...

I spoke with him again this evening, and his tune was quite the opposite... He was very defensive and aggressive, continued to profess that the items carried legitimate certificates... Not once did I ask that he remove the items from his auction, and I certainly did not offer suggestions as to how to run his business. Yet, he hung up the phone on me despite my non-argumentative stance...

Its kind of crappy that many of these items will sell...

Michael B
01-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Interestingly there are a few legitimate or what appear to be legitimate items. in the auction. They salted the auction with a few good items to give it some appeal. All of the items I thought were or may be real are items that could have been obtained in Massachusetts at card shows, events or Basketball HOF - Doug Flutie, Jack Twyman, Cliff Hagan. I, personally am going to bid on the 'Chief' Bender signed glove, but it must have the CC COA.

As Mr. Stinson has said - 'A drop of pee in a glass of water.....

Runscott
01-05-2015, 08:37 PM
I might be interested in lot #16 if they could add Tris Speaker, but the 'Gehringer/Speaker' guy is probably still on vacation.

Lordstan
01-05-2015, 08:41 PM

Hey. Do I win a prize for being the first to call them Coaches Corner items?

Michael B
01-05-2015, 11:15 PM

Yes, you get an Abner Doubleday/Alexander Carthwright dual signed lemon peel baseball with a COA from the TPA of your choice.

jgmp123
01-06-2015, 07:12 AM
I just can't wait to bid on the Doug Flutie signed bicycle seat...I mean, who doesn't want a Doug Flutie signed bicycle seat!!

jad22
01-06-2015, 07:54 AM

Why are they still in business? I am sure its been discussed many times.

RichardSimon
01-06-2015, 09:37 AM
Why are they still in business? I am sure its been discussed many times.

Attempts have been made but LE has not done its job.