PDA

View Full Version : Jeter/Ichiro Autographs

tjoyce
01-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Do these signatures appear authentic?

Thanks in advance

ooo-ribay
01-04-2015, 08:40 PM
I don't know.....but I'm pretty sure I could forge a Jeter.

Loop loop loop loop loop. :p

MVSNYC
01-04-2015, 08:46 PM
At first glance I was going to say Jeter looked good...but the "r" at the very end looked weird to me. I have several authentic examples, his "r" always has a soft, flowing end to it. Yours looks to mechanical and sharp.

vthobby
01-04-2015, 09:32 PM
I have collected autographs for over 40 years and was fortunate to be part of Derek Jeter's first show ever which was held in little old Vermont.

Both of those baseballs are fine but you may want to get a guarantee from the seller for peace of mind. I would ask the same because you can never be 100%sure but...... these are good. I have no doubt and would be a buyer if the price was right!

Thanks and welcome to NET54,

Mike

PS Here is another example of a non "soft" ending to his sig:

MVSNYC
01-04-2015, 10:37 PM
Interesting how people interpret things differently.

I see yours as the "soft" ending example...see how the "r" trails off at the end? I see yours as similar to mine, rather than to the OP's.

vthobby
01-05-2015, 01:13 AM
No issues, its not mine but just looked on ebay for an example. Not a big deal that we each see differences. That's the way it goes I guess. Jeter's sig is actually very difficult to forge or copy. He is just too graceful and flowing for anyone to try and imitate him.

I know it's been tried and done but they usually stand out like a sore thumb.

peace, mike

MVSNYC
01-05-2015, 05:48 AM
Agreed, the fake ones do stick out. He has very specific slant & flow.