PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist

thescooper
01-01-2015, 12:15 PM
Anyone ever had any decent finds/buys/sales with T 206's on Craigslist? I never even seen even one card for sale there. Just wondering

kamikidEFFL
01-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Can't say I have ever seen anything myself on there. But I don't check often

Sean
01-01-2015, 02:06 PM
I don't check Craigslist, but I did hear that they had a T206 Wagner for sale a couple months ago. :rolleyes:

rdixon1208
01-01-2015, 02:58 PM
I bought a few low grade pre war cards off craigslist a few years ago, but decent finds are so few and far between that I stopped looking there long ago.

thescooper
01-01-2015, 03:24 PM
I have never seen any decent cards on there, bought a few Davy Crockett cards from there once and the seller worked at the same place as me so it was a flawless transaction. All i can find is the 90's Baseball collections.

Jason
01-01-2015, 03:28 PM
I picked up a single T206 SL'er off the Richmond Craigslist a couple years ago. Didn't have anything else for sale just the one. Back damage but authentic nonetheless

pete zouras
01-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Through an ad I posted on craigslist. The dealer I purchased it from said a board member made an offer for all his t206s that was too low. I also bought several Baltimore '14 CJs priced according to the book and 5 Baltimore OJs he purchased from a Baltimore collector.

The beater t206s that included the Elberfeld he said came from a widow's basement or attic in Gloucester -- a red flag I could afford to overlook at that price in the heat of the moment.

It was an hour's drive that was well worth it thanks to the encouragement of several board members.

vintagechris
01-02-2015, 11:56 AM
a year or two ago I picked up some T210's a couple T206 a handful of N162 cards including the football Beecher. There was some other random tobacco things like T3 coupons. Was thrilled with the find. I don't check on a regular basis and it had been at least 6 months since I had checked and just decided to check one day. He had it listed as tobacco lot and I spotted the Beecher as I was searching the bad photos and instantly recognized the Beecher.

The guy was 2 or 3 hours away. I called him that night and drove out that night getting there around midnight(he said it would be ok to come that late).