PDA

View Full Version : Fake Babe Ruth Fro Joy Ad Piece Stand Up

danmckee
12-29-2014, 06:31 AM
These smaller ones are fake as a $3 bill.

Made in the Mid West, you will see these being sold by Mid West dealers often like this one.

This dealer has sold several and many reproduction baseball items over the years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-YANKEES-BABE-RUTH-BASEBALL-FRO-JOY-ICE-CREAM-DIE-CUT-WINDOW-CARD-SIGN-/161539089106?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:US:3160

Runscott
12-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Dan, he appears to be selling several other fake items in the 'Sports Card and Memorabilia' area.

danmckee
12-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Exactly! He is a repeat offender who I have turned in a million times over the years! He knows his stuff is fake, heck he might even have a hand in creating the deceiving junk!

Runscott
12-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Exactly! He is a repeat offender who I have turned in a million times over the years! He knows his stuff is fake, heck he might even have a hand in creating the deceiving junk!

Is this the guy who sells repro signs at the National, for non-repro prices?

Cmount76
12-29-2014, 12:28 PM
I love reading these threads posted about fake items on eBay.

Question: Is there a function on eBay that can allow me to block certain sellers or do I need to just create a list that I need to reference before making a purchase?

ctownboy
12-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Beware this guy also sells this junk using the eBay names fourducks and theolestuff.

eBay DOES NOT CARE about this guy.

Years ago, a board member bought a Bond Bread poster from him that had Jackie Robinson on it. When the board member received the poster he immediately knew it was a reproduction and sent it back and got a refund. A little while later, the guy listed it again AS REAL!!!! It was reported and eBay removed the listing. About six months later, he listed it again. I reported it and eBay let it stay and it was sold. Since then, the guy has listed and sold numerous other Bond Bread posters.

Not only that but he lists OTHER reproduction items outside of sports stuff.

Check toolhaus.org for his three eBay user ID's.

David

Leon
12-30-2014, 04:59 PM
This guy on ebay should be behind bars. We have been talking about him for years. A ton of his stuff is fake...but ebay probably makes a lot of money off of him....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/acofind/m.html?item=161539089106&rmvSB=true&ssPageName=ADME%3ASS%3ASS%3AUS%3A3160&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

danmckee
12-30-2014, 07:01 PM
I agree! It is very sad that this scumbag is still registered on ebay!

Leon is correct, they don't care since they make money off of him and the people he rips off.

Maybe someone can buy something and get his address and about 10 of us can have a social at his house 1 evening!

Sickening!

danmckee
12-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Is this the guy who sells repro signs at the National, for non-repro prices?

If this guy is at the National Scott would you be so kind as to point him out to me???

I will take it from there :)

joshleland
12-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Interestingly enough he has a darktown battery mechanical bank that appears to be real that the fakeroo is leaning against in his display case
Further proof he knows what he's doing

Leon
01-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Interestingly enough he has a darktown battery mechanical bank that appears to be real that the fakeroo is leaning against in his display case
Further proof he knows what he's doing

exactly.....

iowadoc77
01-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Would be nice if there was a "fake as a four dollar bill" button we could click on these types of auctions. Would be humorous to see, but I guess when in doubt, too good to be true means just that.
In all seriousness, I truly appreciate all the detective work that goes on here to help less experienced collectors like myself wade through the malarkey (always wanted to use that word in a post)

Leon
01-05-2015, 01:50 PM
The originally posted Ruth item looks like it didn't sell but there are plenty more gems from this seller. As has been mentioned, the scary part is some of his stuff is real. This isn't one of them...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-1953-LOUISVILLE-SLUGGER-H-B-BASEBALL-BATS-POSTER-SIGN-MANTLE-ROBINSON-/161547634732?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item259cfd482c

Leon
01-05-2015, 01:50 PM
The originally posted Ruth item looks like it didn't sell but there are plenty more gems from this seller. As has been mentioned, the scary part is some of his stuff is real. This isn't one of them...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-1953-LOUISVILLE-SLUGGER-H-B-BASEBALL-BATS-POSTER-SIGN-MANTLE-ROBINSON-/161547634732?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item259cfd482c