PDA

View Full Version : I need some advise and or help with Sandy Koufax autograph

almostdone
12-28-2014, 08:54 PM
I usually don't post here too much but I do read most threads and have learned much from the expertise here.

I learned some great tips on Ted Williams that gave me the confidence to purchase a ball signed by him.

I'm getting better on Mantle as well although I'm not looking for him... Yet.

The reason for this thread is to ask for some identifying clues in looking at a Koufax signature. Anything in particular to look for?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew

theshleps
12-29-2014, 11:41 PM
I'd stay away from the sloppy balls that people say they got at one of the last spring trainings. Too hard to tell. I do not like the K when it is very sharp on the sideways v part of the K and if the small n looks too much like an "n" I typically do not either.

Scott Garner
12-30-2014, 05:07 AM
Hi Drew,
I would totally agree with the previous poster. Koufax's sig is so frequently faked to begin with, why even attempt to wade through all of the authentication issues surrounding the recent "spring training" version of his sig?

Mr. Koufax's autograph has certainly evolved quite a bit through the years. Knowing the time period in which it was signed and doing the homework to compare it to known exemplars from the same time period is essential I would think. There are no shortcuts. As with other autographs, the more that you study one particular players sig, the more you get a sense of correct feel and flow for authentic vs. fake.

I would also tell you that there are two TOP advanced Koufax collectors on this board that could definitely help you authenticate one that you are considering purchasing for your collection.

1963Topps Set
12-31-2014, 09:16 PM
The best way to get an authentic autograph is to be there in person!

It is worth all of the hard work and expense!