PDA

View Full Version : Board issues with emails from PMs (again)

Leon
12-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Thanks to Peter S. we think we have some (hopefully all) of the issue figured out with the email situation. We were told Verizon is blocking emails for some unknown reason. This is from our hosting company and they probably have a good idea when they say this, that it is the case. If you are NOT getting emails now and you were a month ago, and you are NOT on Verizon, please post in this thread. I will give the hosting company your email address and they can test it. Hopefully after this support ticket we will have put this issue to bed once and for all. .... I don't believe this would have fixed itself had we not reported it. Verizon said it could be 72 hours before service is resumed. Sorry for the interruptions.

greenmonster66
12-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Hi Leon. I use to receive all email notifications from the forum but have not for the last few weeks. Thank you!

Leon
12-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Hi Leon. I use to receive all email notifications from the forum but have not for the last few weeks. Thank you!

Please send me an email from the email you use for the board to-

leon@net54baseball.com and I will report it...

thanks

Leon
12-29-2014, 02:44 PM
Each and every person (3-4 so far, a few with the same service provider) that has sent me a request has had their email sent on for analysis. This just back...

"Leon,

I was able to look through the logs for those users and with a little research it looks like they are both related to a service called CloudMark. I was able to submit a request for a reputation reset with them. I fully expect them to accept it, though I really can't say how long that will take.

I looked through the complete logs and it looks like everything else either had to do with CloudMark, or Reverse-DNS which I had to do in order to complete the remediation request.

I do think we're getting close to having this completely behind us, but we'll keep on the lookout. I'll have this issue follow up to continue checking for any similar occurrences. If anything comes up in the meantime, do let us know and we'll do what we can to get you back to 100%.
Thank you!!

pawpawdiv9
12-29-2014, 03:21 PM
of course, i still have the issue. I'll send you my email Leon.

Leon
01-07-2015, 07:02 AM
The hosting company asked (yesterday) what emails are still having issues. If you are having board email issues, and you were fine before the conversion about a month ago, please post here or PM me. thanks

pawpawdiv9
01-07-2015, 03:12 PM
i got your PM Leon when i logged in...waiting to hear what At&T (chrome) issues there is. Otherwise i just visit daily.

Leon
01-07-2015, 06:48 PM
i got your PM Leon when i logged in...waiting to hear what At&T (chrome) issues there is. Otherwise i just visit daily.

Hi Chris
It seems as some email addresses got blacklisted by service providers. The hosting company contacts the service provider and hopefully they de-blacklist whatever emails we give them (which aren't working). That was done with each email given to me so far. The hosting company now wants to know whose emails still aren't working as they believe they should have gotten taken care of by now?
Are you still not getting emails since the conversion and you were before? I couldn't quite tell from your response. (though it sounds like you aren't)