PDA

View Full Version : 1937 Yankees Cosmo-Sileo Co. N.Y.

Leon
12-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Found this in my box of junk. It's a an original 8x10 of the 1937 Yankees, by Cosmo-Sileo Co. N.Y.. Ironically it's the same photographer that I just picked up the other '26 Yanks photo of. I had no idea I even had this. I think that is what is called hoarding...but I don't collect photos!!

Isn't Joe looking sort of young?

http://luckeycards.com/phunc1937photoyankees50.jpg

GKreindler
12-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Awesome photo, Leon.

I think that might be Timmy Sullivan, the batboy. Joe can be seen in the middle row, second from the left.

Graig

Leon
12-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Awesome photo, Leon.

I think that might be Timmy Sullivan, the batboy. Joe can be seen in the middle row, second from the left.

Graig

LMAO, I thought he was looking kind of young :) In my slight defense if you look right behind him, at Joe, I think there is a little resemblance albeit 10-15 yrs younger. (as I cower off...). The reason I even saw this photo is because I looked at it, without really looking and said to myself "I thought I put that up" until I looked and it was a different year, but same photographer, feel, and look as the Mckibben Jacket 1926 Yanks photo. What are the chances? I have probably had this photo for at least a few years...

ps...upon comparison with other in hand it seems this original is probably an original 2nd generation....maybe that is why it's in my junk box :)

GKreindler
12-28-2014, 01:13 PM
I can seem the resemblance, no need to defend yourself!

Either way, it's a great photo of a great team to have. I still think that those squads from the late 1930s were some of the best Yankee teams of all-time, especially the '39 club (without Gehrig, no less). And the '36 team is still my favorite. DiMaggio's first year and Gehrig's second MVP campaign? Not bad, if you ask me.

Though I gotta say, the jackets for the '26 club were WAY cooler. Phil Napolitano would attest to that.

Graig

ethicsprof
12-28-2014, 06:44 PM
LMAO, I thought he was looking kind of young :) In my slight defense if you look right behind him, at Joe, I think there is a little resemblance albeit 10-15 yrs younger. (as I cower off...). The reason I even saw this photo is because I looked at it, without really looking and said to myself "I thought I put that up" until I looked and it was a different year, but same photographer, feel, and look as the Mckibben Jacket 1926 Yanks photo. What are the chances? I have probably had this photo for at least a few years...

ps...upon comparison with other in hand it seems this original is probably an original 2nd generation....maybe that is why it's in my junk box :)

please don't take that job with PSA/DNA photo authentication!!!
I note that Mr. Kreindler adroitly contends: I seem the resemblance.
Note his use of the consonantal privative 'm' negating the word 'see'.
:)
all the best and Happy New Year

PhilNap
12-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Though I gotta say, the jackets for the '26 club were WAY cooler. Phil Napolitano would attest to that.

Graig

Yes Graig. Lucky for you I have an unhealthy obsession with those jackets.