PDA

View Full Version : if you could "add" to the artwork...

milkit1
12-25-2014, 01:14 PM
I was just thinking about things I would do to "perfectify" a cardset.
m116 - wish the back would be half bio/ half ad.
t202- wish there was a title on the middle action pic. Also wish they had used autographs for the American leaguers.
1933 goudey - wish every caRd had the big league chewing gum ad on front.
t206 ramly- embossed checklist backs.

abothebear
12-25-2014, 05:28 PM
cool idea. I agree about the "chewing gum" on the goudeys, except I'd keep the big league-less design but sub it in for the 34s ( I can't stand the backgroud graphics on those).

Here are a few edits I'd make, off the cuff.

There is a set, I can't remember what it is, that has a distinctive character of having "extra" negative space along the bottom so it almost looks mis-cut, but the rest of the borders are proportional. That extra space on the one side drives me crazy. I'd change that.

I also think it would be cool to see the delong's reversed so the player would be in color, and the background would be a b&w real photo of the player's home stadium (keeping the name and team below in red).

mrvster
12-25-2014, 07:25 PM
checklist definitely..........imagine seeing "Wagner" and "Plank" on one:eek:

then the "corrected" checklist if one was needed:eek:

EvilKing00
12-26-2014, 09:05 AM
Hmmm lets see....

T205's

Signatures- check
Bios and stats on back - check
3 diff awesome art work styles - check

Only thing i wish was that they finished the set and had all 400 printed. Would if been awesome to see some of the players who are missing.

whelenfan
12-27-2014, 05:05 AM
Hmmm lets see....

T205's

Signatures- check
Bios and stats on back - check
3 diff awesome art work styles - check

Only thing i wish was that they finished the set and had all 400 printed. Would if been awesome to see some of the players who are missing.

+1