PDA

View Full Version : How will ebay handle this???

D.P.Johnson
12-23-2014, 09:56 PM
Won a lot of 6 slabbed cards on ebay last week. The cards arrived today, and one of the slabs was cracked on the top.

I'm assuming the slab was cracked during shipping (USPS), as the ebay scan does not show the crack.

The ebay seller does not accept returns.

If I open up an ebay "buyer protection" case for the broken slab, how will ebay handle this??? Will they tell me I'm "screwed" because the seller doesn't accept returns??? Will they ask the seller to take ALL the cards back??? Will they ask the seller to take the ONE card back because it was broken during shipping??? If so, how will ebay determine the amount of refund I will receive for the item as it was a "lot" of 6 cards. I mean, will they divide the amount I paid by 6 and refund that amount???

Thank you in advance for any responses/advice/assistance...

daves_resale_shop
12-24-2014, 04:08 AM
I'd reach out to the seller first and inform him of the situation... In my experience, things get worked out at this level, and rarely does eBay need to get involved .

Good luck and happy holidays !

vthobby
12-24-2014, 05:42 AM
I agree, this has happened to me a few times and I ALWAYS have gotten back a partial refund from seller, ranging from $10 to $20 per card as that is the cost of reslabbing, P&H etc....

Don't even fret this one just email the seller.

mike

Hammerin'Hank
12-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Won a lot of 6 slabbed cards on ebay last week. The cards arrived today, and one of the slabs was cracked on the top.

I'm assuming the slab was cracked during shipping (USPS), as the ebay scan does not show the crack.

The ebay seller does not accept returns.

If I open up an ebay "buyer protection" case for the broken slab, how will ebay handle this??? Will they tell me I'm "screwed" because the seller doesn't accept returns??? Will they ask the seller to take ALL the cards back??? Will they ask the seller to take the ONE card back because it was broken during shipping??? If so, how will ebay determine the amount of refund I will receive for the item as it was a "lot" of 6 cards. I mean, will they divide the amount I paid by 6 and refund that amount???

Thank you in advance for any responses/advice/assistance...

This has happened to me before. I simply paid the small $5 fee to have the card re-slabbed by SGC.

No big deal. Sometimes you need to fix your own problems rather than blame someone or expect someone else to fix them. To me things like this just come with the territory of buying cards through the mail.

ALR-bishop
12-24-2014, 09:00 AM
Agree with others. Your first step should be to send scan of damged slab to seller with a reasonable request for a reduction in price. If card was not damaged, maybe cost to have it reholdered.

I have found most eBay sellers to be fair and reasonable

Exhibitman
12-24-2014, 09:11 AM
It has happened to me both as seller and buyer. Best advice is to email the seller and let him know it broke in transit and you would like to get the cost of reholdering and postage rebated. Some sellers will just say return it all for a refund, some will refuse, and some will offer to cover the loss. eBay will rule for you but may want you to return the whole lot. If you want the lot regardless and the seller won't make a deal, you will have to eat the cost of the reholder. Perhaps wait until you or someone else places an order with the TPG and piggy back the card with it to save shipping costs.

D.P.Johnson
12-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Thank you all for the responses; I appreciate it...I have sent a message to the seller and have not gotten a response back thus far...I was planning on waiting several more days due to the holidays...If I get no response from the seller, what should I do next??? Should I open up "buyer protection" case??? How will ebay handle this???

D.P.Johnson
12-24-2014, 09:17 AM
It has happened to me both as seller and buyer. Best advice is to email the seller and let him know it broke in transit and you would like to get the cost of reholdering and postage rebated. Some sellers will just say return it all for a refund, some will refuse, and some will offer to cover the loss. eBay will rule for you but may want you to return the whole lot. If you want the lot regardless and the seller won't make a deal, you will have to eat the cost of the reholder. Perhaps wait until you or someone else places an order with the TPG and piggy back the card with it to save shipping costs.

Thank you. I think you and I were typing our latest responses at the same time. What is a reasonable amount to ask for reholdering and postage??? From the responses above, it seems some people pay $5 and others around $20...

bnorth
12-24-2014, 09:49 AM
This has happened to me before. I simply paid the small $5 fee to have the card re-slabbed by SGC.

No big deal. Sometimes you need to fix your own problems rather than blame someone or expect someone else to fix them. To me things like this just come with the territory of buying cards through the mail.

A BIG +1, the best response by far and my opinion also.