PDA

View Full Version : An interesting Recruit back

SMPEP
12-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Given the T206 back craze on this board and the similarities that set shares with the nonsports t59 set, I thought folks on this board might find this Buffalo Yacht Club card with a Recruit back interesting. (And Leon, if this is considered to be posted in an inappropriate place - my apologies and feel free to move it - I just thought the t206 crowd here would find it interesting).

As additional information, this card would have been one of the last printed in the t59 set, and given the "240" on the bottom of this card, it seems likely that this card was at the bottom of the sheet (maybe even the last card on the sheet). And before anyone asks, yes, the "240" looks to be original printing, not just pen markings in a similar color. I'm not certain if all Buffalo Yacht Club cards have this at the bottom as this is the only copy I've ever owned.

Cheers,
Patrick

caramelcard
12-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Patrick,

If that 240 is printed, then I find it very interesting. It just doesn't look printed to me. Sure it's not ink?

Rob

Jantz
12-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Patrick

Since you typed "T206" in your post....its appropriate. ;)

Interesting card.

Thanks for posting it.

Jantz

egbeachley
12-23-2014, 09:20 PM
It doesn't look like something a printer would do, just the factory number. But the ink color is the same.

SMPEP
12-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Hi Rob,

It looks good to me. The color of the "240" matches exactly. There are no signs of idententation.

I can bring it to the next Socal show and let some of the others on this board examine it and chime in with their own opinions, but in my opinion it is not made by a pen. (Hope I'm not wrong! Not trying to introduce myths into card collecting!)

One other point, there are only 200 cards in this set ... but the "240" matches the factory number ... so if it is authentic, I would expect that the ones printed at a different factory would not have this number or would not have any number.

Like I said, this is the only one I won, so no clue if others have teh numbers or not.

Cheers,
Patrick

mrvster
12-24-2014, 06:50 AM
very interesting

bnorth
12-24-2014, 08:22 AM
If the back was centered only a small portion of the 240 would show up on the card.

whelenfan
12-25-2014, 12:17 PM
could've been some sort of printers mark that would have been on the plate before printing but would have been cut off when finished (had registration been alright...)