PDA

View Full Version : psa frustration

baker85
12-22-2014, 08:22 AM
This is my first time as a member. Im just venting at this point but i have to say that there gift is a major downgrade. I dont want a psa tshirt. The cracker jack book looked great, i wish the gift was on par with that.

Fyi, my wife bought me the membership as a gift so i didn't know about the tshirt at the time of purchase. Like i said, im just venting.

1952boyntoncollector
12-22-2014, 08:32 AM
This is my first time as a member. Im just venting at this point but i have to say that there gift is a major downgrade. I dont want a psa tshirt. The cracker jack book looked great, i wish the gift was on par with that.

Fyi, my wife bought me the membership as a gift so i didn't know about the tshirt at the time of purchase. Like i said, im just venting.

id rather have the gift where they cross over sgc grades to +1 on psa...that's a nice gift...wish can buy a gift card for that...'good for one +1 over sgc grade' card..

baker85
12-22-2014, 08:49 AM
I have some sgc graded cards that i would like to cross over but probably never will. Too many horror stories.

swarmee
12-22-2014, 08:50 AM
I actually got two Cracker Jack books because I renewed within the window they were still giving them away. I'll trade you the book for the shirt. Send me a PM.

baker85
12-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Pm sent

baseballandhockeyfan
12-31-2014, 10:46 PM
I have some sgc graded cards that i would like to cross over but probably never will. Too many horror stories.

First time poster, so please take it easy on me (by the looks of what I've read so far, I have a lot to learn)...

I have some cards graded by each of SGC and PSA. Do most boardies just leave their cards graded by whichever company already graded them when they purchased them, or is it common for boardies to send them in to either SGC or PSA. Are there a lot of horror stories when crossing them over one way or the other?

glynparson
01-01-2015, 02:53 AM
It is a personal preference issue. I for one have all my (graded)cards PSA graded, except for the issues they do not holder like BF2, Silks, or B18's, those I use SGC to holder. Like I said its a personal preference issue. Many on this particular board prefer SGC but this is not the case in the industry as a whole.

buymycards
01-01-2015, 06:17 AM
I would like to have all of my cards graded by SGC, but I hesitate to cross over my BVG and PSA cards because then those pop reports would be even more screwed up than they are now. Most of my cards are low pop, such as Weil Baking and Coupons, and I don't like to skew the pop reports. With low grade T206's, it doesn't matter much because there are hundreds of each card.

Rick

Leon
01-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Almost All of my personal collection is graded by SGC. I believe they give the best looking holders to frame our cards and know pre-war better than PSA, overall.

baseballandhockeyfan
01-01-2015, 08:26 AM
Cool - thanks guys.

ZachS
01-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Almost All of my personal collection is graded by SGC. I believe they give the best looking holders to frame our cards and know pre-war better than PSA, overall.

I love the black frame. I think it just makes the card stand out better than the clear PSA holders. If I have raw cards I'll send them to SGC. If I buy a card in a PSA holder I usually leave it that way.

vintagebb2014
03-31-2015, 02:53 PM
I only collect T206's and I cross them over to SGC for their slab only. I have little confidence in their grading or any other company for that matter anymore. I took an SGC 4 out of the slab because it looked under graded and it just came back an "A". I sent 2 PSA 4's in their slab and they just came back "A". I have a Beckett 5 come back trimmed and I resubmitted and it came back with a numerical grade. Go figure. After all of this, I still prefer SGC's slab. I would cross over for the slab and not for the grade. Good Luck.

begsu1013
03-31-2015, 07:06 PM
baker,

I think I have an extra one laying around. strong maybe/possibility, if ya really want one, lemme know and give me a few days and i'll send it to ya for free.

once again: I'd have to look for it, but pretty sure I got an extra. if so, yours for free. just shoot me a pm.

swarmee
03-31-2015, 07:13 PM
This is a months old thread begsu, I already mailed him a free copy of the book.

yankeeno7
03-31-2015, 07:13 PM
I have both PSA and SGC in my collection. But I have leaned more toward PSA after an experience with the SGC holder damaging a 53 Bowman Color Snider that was cracked to sub to PSA. PSA stated it was trimmed but the problem was that the card was apparently a bit over sized or the gasket was too small and it squashed a part of the right edge. Now it looks almost like a bat wing on the top right corner...small, but noticable. So after PSA said it was trimmed, I sent it back to SGC and now SGC is stating evidence of trimming as well. Live and learn.

Keep a very close eye when you buy cards that are in SGC holders that the internal gasket is not so tight that it squashes the edge(s).

I do agree the cards look better in SGC holders.

begsu1013
03-31-2015, 07:57 PM
oops. oh well.