PDA

View Full Version : E90-2 Wagner Ebay Potential Scam

Jobu
12-21-2014, 08:27 PM
This card was originally scheduled to end tonight. This morning I contacted the seller to ask for some assurances given that their Ebay account is only 1 month old and all their other sales consist of new items. (I did not mention it, but the scan in the listing is also available online in someone's Photo Bucket account.) Within 30 minutes the auction was taken down and I never got a response. Now, lo and behold, the listing is back up again. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1910-E90-AMER-CRML-HONUS-WAGNER-PIRATES-GRADED-PSA-2-5-/251765390076?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3a9e62fafc

vthobby
12-21-2014, 08:43 PM
If anyone bids on this guy's items, then they really do not know what they are doing. His last feedback was for a 1997 $2.24 card and it looks like this:

Negative feedback rating Horrible seller! Worked the system to avoid selling item to me.RUN!!!!!!
1997 COLLECTOR'S EDGE #9 TIM DUNCAN SWOOSH RC GRADED USA NM-MT 8.0 WAKE FOREST (#251742752084)

Just another stellar Ebay seller to make us all look bad! :mad:

peace, mike

Leon
12-22-2014, 07:30 AM
It's funny, nothing other than his lack of relevant sales looks out of order. It's sure a nice card...

ps...actually that link above, which worked last night, is not going to the same card it did before.

scotgreb
12-22-2014, 10:48 AM
I was watching that one also -- I cannot find the original listing but recall that it said something like "accepting offers" -- the whole thing looked fishy but man do I want that card!

Ksquared
12-22-2014, 02:36 PM
That's my card. I didn't list it and don't know who the seller is. They must have taken the image from my collectors focus page. I was notified last night by someone who saw the listing. It was taken down by the time I saw it. I sent eBay a note but I doubt they can/will do anything about it especially since listing is down. On vacation but will try to monitor his listings and see if it comes back.

Leon
12-23-2014, 11:06 AM
That's my card. I didn't list it and don't know who the seller is. They must have taken the image from my collectors focus page. I was notified last night by someone who saw the listing. It was taken down by the time I saw it. I sent eBay a note but I doubt they can/will do anything about it especially since listing is down. On vacation but will try to monitor his listings and see if it comes back.

Note to self.....old analogies are old for a reason. If it walks and talks like a duck.....