PDA

View Full Version : Another J.T. Meyers T205 back: Green American Beauty

Vintagecatcher
12-19-2014, 07:50 PM
I was surprised to see the image of a T205 J. T. Meyers with a Green American Beauty Back on another thread.

It wasn't a combination that was listed on the T205 matrix I had seen previously or one that Joshua was aware of either.

Guess I now need another back to finish my J.T. Meyers back run.

Any thoughts. Rare combination?

Patrick

Wite3
12-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Patrick,
Rare combo. Was unknown to me until I saw the same scan. There are several unconfirmed t205 combos out there still.

Joshua

dog*dirt
12-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Very cool!

whelenfan
12-21-2014, 08:22 PM
awesome!

bn2cardz
12-22-2014, 07:44 AM
I do believe this was the last AB Green that needed to be found.

When trying to figure out what backs may exist based off other backs known this Meyers showed it should have had a AB Green. There were 12 on the list of ones that could have had one based purely off the backs, but two (Wiltse Right ear and Barger Partial B) had a variation already with the back. Then the other 9 are considered SP cards. This is the only one that didn't fall into either of those categories yet showed up on my list of possible cards with this back.

Also I think the 9 SP cards were replaced with others that may have double printed (Including Cobb). Allowing there to be 64 Subjects per sheet (or two different sheets of 32). This would explain why the Blacks have double the population of the Green if they printed the same number of sheets spread over half the amount of subjects.

I was very happy that I was able to add this card to my collection.

Vintagecatcher
12-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Congrats Andy!

Nice pickup.

Patrick

bn2cardz
12-22-2014, 08:18 AM
Congrats Andy!

Nice pickup.

Patrick

Thanks. I was just glad the seller was willing to break it out from the lot as I couldn't buy the entire lot just for the one card I wanted. It allowed him to make more overall though so it was a win-win.