PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat OT: Printable Baseball Player List

sbfinley
12-18-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm getting started on a project and it would be helpful to have printable alphabetized rosters of all MLB players by decade: ie. all players who played in a game during the 1950's, 1960's, etc. I've searched online and come across several sites that have such lists, but not in an easily printable (or copyable) format. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. For the purposes of the project I would really only need 1950's, 60's, 70's, and 80's lists but in general any time period would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Steven Finley

familytoad
12-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Steve
There exists something called "Lahman's " or " Lehman's" database that I believe describes your need.
I know users of this DB, but I do not personally use it. I can't spell it either but this should at least bump your thread so someone smart can see it and help you

sbfinley
12-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks Brian. I found a couple online - a partial list at baseball reference, and a full list at baseball almanac (i think that was where), but both are filled with page breaks and other noise that make copy/pasting an extended chore.

cdn_collector
12-18-2014, 05:50 PM
Steve
There exists something called "Lahman's " or " Lehman's" database that I believe describes your need.
I know users of this DB, but I do not personally use it. I can't spell it either but this should at least bump your thread so someone smart can see it and help you

Yeah, the 'Lahman Baseball Database'. You can find it here: http://seanlahman.com/

Hope it has what you're looking for.

Richard.