PDA

View Full Version : Opening up the supply chain for Cuban cards?

Section103
12-18-2014, 04:11 AM
Being ever mindful of the wise "no politics" rule, could the potential changes in policies and practices open up the market for Cuban vintage cards? I tend to think there is at least a chance, but it will really depend on how far the Cuban regime goes in opening up internet flow.

Only considering my self-interests, I really hope more cards come to market.

baseball tourist
12-18-2014, 05:24 AM
Being ever mindful of the wise "no politics" rule, could the potential changes in policies and practices open up the market for Cuban vintage cards? I tend to think there is at least a chance, but it will really depend on how far the Cuban regime goes in opening up internet flow.

Only considering my self-interests, I really hope more cards come to market.

Having been to Cuba 10+ times since the 1980's (I'm Canadian) I can tell you that there are very few vintage cards left unlocated and the pipeline for those to have been sold has been flowing for years.

bcbgcbrcb
12-18-2014, 05:37 AM
I have never been involved with bringing over any cards from Cuba as at least a couple of board members have but from what I have been told, Chris is exactly right. Surely, some things will surface but nothing like the floodgates being opened and Cuban cards from the '20's becoming as common as their US counterparts. Wishful thinking.............

Section103
12-18-2014, 07:17 AM
Well, crap. :(

Good to know.