PDA

View Full Version : Any Cooperstown queries (somewhat OT)?

GregMitch34
12-12-2014, 01:00 PM
As i have noted previously, I have become very good buddies with the current mayor of Cooperstown, Jeff Katz, who is, you should know, coming out with a major book from St. Martin's in March on the 1981 strike season. His publisher's main promo so far is, yes, a baseball card with the book's cover on it and Jeff's "stats" on the back. Obviously he is very closely hooked in to Hall of Fame developments and gossip so if you have any questions let me know--I am meeting him again tomorrow at our hangout, halfway between his home and mine--the famous Roscoe Diner.

sayhey24
12-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Hi Greg,

I had the opportunity to briefly talk with Mayor Katz when the President visited the HOF this summer. He was very accommodating and it was obvious that he has a deep love for his village and the game of baseball.

On a side note -- great avatar! I visited Big Pink for the first time in August. The people there couldn't have been nicer and it was such a thrill for me.

Greg

bigtrain
12-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Is that the Roscoe Diner on Rt. 17? Haven't been there in a while but they had great corned beef. I spend about 70 to 80 days in Cooperstown between April and October. Have spoken to Jeff briefly a couple of times. He has really done a lot of good for the village.