PDA

View Full Version : Another 1952 psa 5 Topps Mantle ebay issue

1952boyntoncollector
12-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Why are the write ups on all the 1952 Mantles have all these jokes and witty things. They never straight forward and they never have many pictures.

I messaged this guy and asked him where and when he bought the card and he wouldn't answer but said it doesn't matter. I advised people that pay 30k may want to know that info and he said he had the card for years.

A quick search on card target shows the exact card Cert number sell in 2013...

350896567133 1 Standard PSA 5 dacardworld-singles u***g $20,000.00 2013-10-11 09:56:54

the seller did show that he owned lots of psa sets .seems legit in a lot of ways...just weird..that he wouldn't address the past sale a year ago when he said he had the card for years....

legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Topps-Mickey-Mantle-New-York-Yankees-311-PSA-5-/251752124390?

Bestdj777
12-10-2014, 09:12 PM
I don't know if it is legit or not (haven't looked at the listing), but, if it is real, I could see him not wanting to disclose the source so you don't know what he paid for it.

1952boyntoncollector
12-10-2014, 09:19 PM
he could say 'bought from a friend'

that's fine...but obviously as a potential buyer if I knew he bought it from a reputable source it could help verify the card....anyone that's looking to pay 30k for a mantle probably will know how to check cardtarget or VCP....

I not asking about a price..but if bougth it from mile high etc..would be good to know....everyone knows mantles have gone up in value as well..who cares what they paid for it..

MattyC
12-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Begsu is a legit collector and member of the PSA boards. He is a major Nolan Ryan collector, very active in the Registry. I have dealt with him in the past and we talk occasionally on the board. Nice guy. Also, he has over 2200 eBay feedback with 100% positive.

1952boyntoncollector
12-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Begsu is a legit collector and member of the PSA boards. He is a major Nolan Ryan collector, very active in the Registry. I have dealt with him in the past and we talk occasionally on the board. Nice guy. Also, he has over 2200 eBay feedback with 100% positive.

right...that's why even though he said he had the card for 3 years..and theres a sale from last year..i still give him the benefit of the doubt...but that's not odd to you? maybe the prior sale was of a fake mantle.....

but when a seller of a 30k card.. says he has the card for 3 years and you see a sale on cardtarget of the same card a year earlier...don't you think its fair for me to question that?

His responses were very unprofessional...and did nothing to clear up the discrepancy...theres acutally a psa 4.5 mantle and a sgc 6 mantle at auction right now on ebay ....

Republicaninmass
12-11-2014, 05:56 AM
SGC 6? From the 0 feedback seller? I hardly call that legit

Peter_Spaeth
12-11-2014, 05:57 AM
The older scan was better, though it does reveal a more prominent crease/indentation in the lower left.

1952boyntoncollector
12-11-2014, 06:07 AM
right so the seller is already a little bit disingenuous with the picture..maybe its me..but if I were trying to sell a card for $35,000.00, I woud show the clearest photos possible and have an answer as to why a card shows up on cardtarget being sold last year when I say 'ive had it for years' and I wouldn't insult the buyer for asking those questions.

..I know theres a lot of interest in the card but not everyone can pay 30k for a card, plus having as many people interested who can pay can help drive up the price...and ive lost interest and others may as well with his attitude..

1952boyntoncollector
12-11-2014, 06:09 AM
SGC 6? From the 0 feedback seller? I hardly call that legit

this is the SGC 6 guys response for me asking for verification of where he got it:

This is my first account with eBay and my grandfather passed away so I
inherited his memorabilia and talking to my grandmother that the card was
bought from my grandfather friend Brett from PWCC. Thank you for your time
and good luck.

Peter_Spaeth
12-11-2014, 06:14 AM
right so the seller is already a little bit disingenuous with the picture..maybe its me..but if I were trying to sell a card for $35,000.00, I woud show the clearest photos possible and have an answer as to why a card shows up on cardtarget being sold last year when I say 'ive had it for years' and I wouldn't insult the buyer for asking those questions.

..I know theres a lot of interest in the card but not everyone can pay 30k for a card, plus having as many people interested who can pay can help drive up the price...and ive lost interest and others may as well with his attitude..

It's probably legit and the guy is just being cross, but it's not that hard a card to find if you're patient, wait until you are completely comfortable. And even assuming he would take 30, that seems a lot to pay for a card with a prominent corner crease/indent.

1952boyntoncollector
12-11-2014, 06:23 AM
right..i in no hurry......

but usually the more high value something is, the more professional they are...buying a 30k card isn't the same as buying 3.00 card..

go to a Kia dealership then go to a Lexus dealership and see the difference..

Peter_Spaeth
12-11-2014, 06:24 AM
this is the SGC 6 guys response for me asking for verification of where he got it:

This is my first account with eBay and my grandfather passed away so I
inherited his memorabilia and talking to my grandmother that the card was
bought from my grandfather friend Brett from PWCC. Thank you for your time
and good luck.

Hysterical; and he borrowed PWCC's title including "setbreak."

1952boyntoncollector
12-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Hysterical; and he borrowed PWCC's title including "setbreak."

its one thing to type fast here and not pay attention to grammar but if I was selling a 30k card, trust me I would make sure I don't have any typos and keep grammar .more better..

Hammerin'Hank
12-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Why are the write ups on all the 1952 Mantles have all these jokes and witty things. They never straight forward and they never have many pictures.

I messaged this guy and asked him where and when he bought the card and he wouldn't answer but said it doesn't matter. I advised people that pay 30k may want to know that info and he said he had the card for years.

A quick search on card target shows the exact card Cert number sell in 2013...

350896567133 1 Standard PSA 5 dacardworld-singles u***g $20,000.00 2013-10-11 09:56:54

the seller did show that he owned lots of psa sets .seems legit in a lot of ways...just weird..that he wouldn't address the past sale a year ago when he said he had the card for years....

legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Topps-Mickey-Mantle-New-York-Yankees-311-PSA-5-/251752124390?

Doesn't seem weird at all. Why would any seller want to tell you how much they paid for what they are selling ?

Donscards
12-11-2014, 01:28 PM
its one thing to type fast here and not pay attention to grammar but if I was selling a 30k card, trust me I would make sure I don't have any typos and keep grammar .more better..

I think your just mad because you didnt get my PSA 5 Mickey for 20K!! 6 months ago.

pawpawdiv9
12-11-2014, 04:04 PM

I had no issues with Begsu1013....he bought my Nolan Ryan sporting news for over 1k. No problems as a buyer.

1952boyntoncollector
12-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Doesn't seem weird at all. Why would any seller want to tell you how much they paid for what they are selling ?

cmon..knowing the price wasn't the big issue..it was finding out the discrepancy of him saying he had the card for years yet there was sale last year..

knowing prices on big ticket items is pretty normal..after all we all know how much houses sell for...

and i wasn't interested in what he paid for it....dealers all the time tell me how much they paid for the card as a reason why they want more for the card..i want to pay what the card is worth no matter what the prior person paid for the card....

1952boyntoncollector
12-11-2014, 04:38 PM
I think your just mad because you didnt get my PSA 5 Mickey for 20K!! 6 months ago.

yes if centered decently i am mad about that as i couldn't find any for sale or any of the auction houses....there were few psa 4s that did sell for 15k at the big acution houses 6 months ago..but no psa 5s...