PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Card Value Requested:

clydepepper
12-10-2014, 08:41 PM
There is a 1922 W575-2 Harry Hooper card that I'm interested in. It's graded PSA-5. The Krause Vintage Catalog lists the card at $100 for EX and $300 for NM and it is not listed in PSA's online SMR- the seller states that this set is difficult to find in EX condition. I'm not questioning his info as I have dealt with him several times in the past. I just want knowledgeable opinions on the card's value.

Thanks, Raymond

Leon
12-11-2014, 07:14 AM
IMO a very tough series to find in high grade. I think the SCD is low on those values. I would think closer to double those values but who knows, they are very scarce in high grade and (probably) won't have too many comps. Good luck.... btw, What is the asking price?

ullmandds
12-11-2014, 07:26 AM
i would agree...tough to find specific players in that set...def rare...so if/when the card I wanted came up for sale...I'd be prepared to pay whatever I felt it was worth to me...not what a book says.

clydepepper
12-11-2014, 12:33 PM
imo a very tough series to find in high grade. I think the scd is low on those values. I would think closer to double those values but who knows, they are very scarce in high grade and (probably) won't have too many comps. Good luck.... Btw, what is the asking price?

$305 bin

Leon
12-11-2014, 12:52 PM
$305 bin

A little steep maybe but not a lot...maybe even on target....hard to say but it's not a bad price and a super scarce card in that grade..

clydepepper
12-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Thanks for your opinions, guys. You helped me decide to get it. Unfortunately, someone else beat me to it. I do hope that did not occur because I posted this.