PDA

View Full Version : Enos Goudey autograph

Cozumeleno
12-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Greetings, all -

I'm new to this board and fortunate to have found it. After being on and off as a collector through college, marriage, etc., I've gotten back into the game a couple of years ago. I work on vintage sets and am nearly complete with my 1933 (sans Lajoie) and 1934 Goudey sets.

The question I had relates to my desire for unique items to accompany the sets I put together. The whole reason I got into the older cards was that I enjoy the history that goes along with them. One such thing I thought would be cool is an autograph from Enos Goudey. I've seen Goudey stock certificates but not much else.

Anyone have any idea to the rarity of his signature and/or how much one can expect to pay for something like a cut or small piece of paper? Even a letter, maybe (though, I also realize that the contents of the letter would affect the value). eBay, of course, isn't the be all end all of things, but I surprised that not even a single item came back the name Enos Goudey - that leads me to believe it's a pretty rare find or just something that no one particularly cares about.

Thanks for any insight on this and any help is appreciated.

Leon
12-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Welcome and moved to the appropriate forum. Good luck and happy collecting!!

Cozumeleno
12-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Appreciate the guidance!

aelefson
12-10-2014, 06:45 AM
Hi-
I think I sold a typed Goudey letter, signed at the bottom, for about 150.00 a few years ago. There was no content related to cards, however. I would assume a letter with content like that would go for a lot more. Below is a link to a BST post selling a stock certificate about a year ago.
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=177747&highlight=goudey
I am sure someone else will have a better idea of the current market value.

If you like all things Goudey, check out the link below. It is related to the Net54 Nonsports forum, and contains a gallery of various nonsports Goudey items.
http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~dan/z-ns-start/all-goudey.html

Good luck with the hunt!

Alan