PDA

View Full Version : Vintage SGC flip to PSA question?

vthobby
12-06-2014, 06:29 PM
All:

Just wondering if anyone has had an experience sending to PSA, cards that were in SGC holders and what was the average result?

Or is it better to send raw?

Thanks, mike

LKeeler
12-06-2014, 07:29 PM
This has been covered quite a bit before, and with a broad range of opinions. Personally, I have crossed over around 50 pre war caramel cards, both to PSA in their SGC holders, and others cracked and submitted raw. I've had way better luck with the raw cards coming back an equal or higher grade than the encapsulated ones. I know others will have different opinions but that is my two cents. Good luck!

vthobby
12-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the info Luke and I'll check the other boards as you mentioned, take care,

Mike

Touch'EmAll
12-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Had 5 big dollar SGC graded cards minimum grade rejected by PSA on crossover. Before I sent them in I painstakingly looked over entire cards' front/back/corners, compared them against current PSA holder similar vintage cards. Thought they would be easy slam dunk cross, as few looked even BETTER than similar PSA examples.

What a joke. Stupid me for trying. Listen folks, don't bother unless you have the balls to crack out and send - that's the only way you get a fair shake.

brewing
12-16-2014, 05:34 AM
My last crossover to PSA was a 75% success rate. It included a Henderson rookie in Mint, which carries a consistent premium in a PSA slab.

1952boyntoncollector
12-16-2014, 06:34 AM
My last crossover to PSA was a 75% success rate. It included a Henderson rookie in Mint, which carries a consistent premium in a PSA slab.

logic would suggest that if its a 100% crossover rate than SGC values wouldn't be lagging behind PSA as much. At least reason one SGC values have to be going down versus PSA is the difficulty to crossover.

if going to resell, you might as well crossover to PSA for full value or sell at SGC value, otherwise the buyer will assume you already tried an failed to cross it over .

Touch'EmAll
12-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Oh, by the way, might as well mention the last time I joined PSA few years ago was to crack out a few SGC's, send in raw to PSA. I had a 1928 Ty Cobb go from an SGC 60 to PSA 7, and a 1957 Brooks RC go from SGC 84 to PSA 8.

There is absolutely no accountability with a written reason why PSA why gives MG and no cross. You pay hefty and have no clue why a particular decision.

All I know is I just pretty much covered a goodly chunk of PSA's Christmas party tab with my order and got kicked.

Bigb13
12-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Should I submit this to PSA to regrad?171407