PDA

View Full Version : 1970 Topps Artists Proofs

craigpw
12-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Topps pre production material has always been a favorite of mine. Would love to see members post their pre production material. I have several mock-ups, which I enjoy, but that's another thread.

The artists proofs are not mock-ups, they are instead pre production designs for cards which were never issued. I like these also. Following are a couple examples.

Regards,
Craig

toppcat
12-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Hey Craig, I am going to link to my blog posts on these, which feature your scans. I am still wondering if they were made for the 1970 Baseball Achievement Awards banquet (what the old Rookie Banquets became in 1967). If anyone has a program from that Banquet it might be illuminating.

http://toppsarchives.blogspot.com/search/label/1971%20Topps%20All%20Star%20Rookies

ALR-bishop
12-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Incredible items, Craig. Do you have the whole set as checklisted in SCD ? Where/ how did you get them ? Are you responsible for the scans Dave Hornish has on his blog ?

These and the 66 Punch Outs may be, in my experience, the toughest of the unissued Topps test issues to obtain. The 55 Stamps and 61 Dice are up there, but I think the former seem tougher to find

Edited .. Dave answered one of the Qs