PDA

View Full Version : M116 Question

yankees23
12-03-2014, 04:02 PM
I recently acquired an M116 Sporting Life Eddie Plank graded by PSA. I also own a Wagner and when I put the 2 up against each other the Wagner is slightly larger. At first I thought the Plank was trimmed but then I read in the below link that the "high numbered" cards tend to be larger. This is the first I have heard of this. Can anyone validate or offer any insight?

"The set of nominally 1-1/2″ x 2-5-8″ (individual card sizes vary even more so than typical found on early 20th Century cards, notably with the “high numbers” found somewhat larger)"

http://www.radicards.com/vintage/1910-11-sporting-life-m116-baseball-cards

Thanks!

sb1
12-03-2014, 04:17 PM
All of these cards vary in size a great deal. I have my doubts about the high series theory, as I have seen a lot of large size cards in the lower series as well. I put this set together years ago(still have it) and many of the same cards of the same series could run very small or very large, which can make getting them graded a nightmare.

yankees23
12-03-2014, 05:09 PM
All of these cards vary in size a great deal. I have my doubts about the high series theory, as I have seen a lot of large size cards in the lower series as well. I put this set together years ago(still have it) and many of the same cards of the same series could run very small or very large, which can make getting them graded a nightmare.

Thanks for the insight!