PDA

View Full Version : Ruth ball

w7imel
11-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Saw this ball on Ebay and it has a buy it now price for 6500. It has PSA/DNA letter to go with it. Seven other HOF signed it including Connie Mack , Hank Arron and Mays. The Ruth auto looks bold. Does this look ok to the guys who know ruth?

heres link as well...I guess my question is this. Has autograph market for ruth signed stuff gone soft as far as price goes? Dont get me wrong 6500 is alot of money but I remember many ruth balls going for way more, or is it because its personalized?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231400066066?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

joed25
11-30-2014, 02:41 PM
It's personalized and it's not a single. I think 6500 is high for that.

w7imel
11-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Ok just throwing it out there for discussion. Had the ball not been personalized I am guessing a whole new price range yes?

joed25
11-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Ok just throwing it out there for discussion. Had the ball not been personalized I am guessing a whole new price range yes?

Correct

Lordstan
11-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Actually, I don't think personalization is as much of a determining factor as is the fact that it is not a single signed ball. If real, the fact that all of Ruth's writing is bold and clear, make this a very nice ball for the person who doesn't want to spend the big money on a real single that is as bold as this one.

Leon
12-01-2014, 07:02 AM
I am only a collector of cards who has looked at thousands of Ruth sigs and that one looks good. I will defer to the other guys on value with or without the other sigs and it being personalized. For me, if I were buying it, the newer autos would scare me away more than it being personalized. But that is just me and auto collectors might like those. It's a personal thing :).

w7imel
12-01-2014, 05:03 PM
I liked the fact it was bold. Dont see very many this affordable ruths this bold, My name being Mike I liked how it was personalized "To my pal Mike" although the last name not the same as mine but never seen another ruth signed for a "mike" Let alone one this bold. Only question is can my marrige withstand another ruth autograph? haha got a feeling its the ball or the wife. But now I think about it might not be all bad.....hahaha just kidding............i think;)

Scott Garner
12-01-2014, 06:03 PM
I liked the fact it was bold. Dont see very many this affordable ruths this bold, My name being Mike I liked how it was personalized "To my pal Mike" although the last name not the same as mine but never seen another ruth signed for a "mike" Let alone one this bold. Only question is can my marrige withstand another ruth autograph? haha got a feeling its the ball or the wife. But now I think about it might not be all bad.....hahaha just kidding............i think;)

Mike,
Wow! You have to own that ball- the inscription is perfect for you!
The boldness is amazing. Congrats!

w7imel
12-01-2014, 06:42 PM
I really do like it for sure. guess I will wait to the end to see if it feels like a good buy for me.

jgmp123
12-01-2014, 06:49 PM
What's amazing is that it just sold last month (November) in the Goldin auction...final hammer price $3500, price realized: $4250...why would someone try to flip it that quickly...

http://www.goldinauctions.com/mobile/lotdetail.aspx?inventoryid=11471&seo=babe_ruth_inscribed_and_multi_signed_baseball_ with

w7imel
12-01-2014, 07:22 PM
my feelings exactly! Signature looks too "new" to me while I admit I am nowhere near an expert something just seems off to me from the moment I saw the ball. Does seem quick to be flipped. I believe i saw this on ebay week before as well, did not reach minimum bid first time.

shelly
12-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Money, thought he got a good deal and wants to turn and burn. :confused:

Klrdds
12-01-2014, 08:12 PM
The quick flip to make a profit. I see nothing wrong with that because it happens all the time in this business whether you are a dealer, or not. You just have to be comfortable with the ball if you buy it regardless of the LOA.

thenavarro
12-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Would drive the purist crazy, but since it's got sigs of mixed generations, if it were mine, I'd have Jolene Jessie paint over the other sigs with renderings of the Babe in different stages of his career.

Not like there isn't a TON of Babe Ruth signed baseballs and not like defacing the Declaration of Independence or something. A good chance to pick up a gorgeous Ruth at a fraction of the price it would go for single signed and something you could dress up into a neat work of art. If I hadn't just agreed to buy a Sitting Bull I'd be all over that one to "play" with and to make a unique display piece out of.

Mike