PDA

View Full Version : You Won't Read This On Haulsofshame dot com

slidekellyslide
11-24-2014, 08:04 AM
Spotlight is heating up on Rogers...and possibly Peter Nash as well.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/memorabilia-probe-turns-spotlight-arkansas-archivist-article-1.2020119

Leon
11-24-2014, 08:17 AM
I am sure good ole Pete Nash will be reporting on this....... can't wait.

gnaz01
11-24-2014, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath........:rolleyes:

ullmandds
11-24-2014, 02:26 PM
I am sure good ole Pete Nash will be reporting on this....... can't wait.

In his slanted...skewed way...maybe?!?!?!

Brian Van Horn
11-24-2014, 02:47 PM
So, when does the "American Greed" episode air?

sago
11-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Clearly, another case of REA and his henchman besmirching good ol' petey. ;)

calvindog
11-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Wow, I bet Rogers wishes he could find a Wagner in his couch cushions now!

PS -- John -- prison sucks. You're going to prison.

SMPEP
11-24-2014, 09:27 PM
Forgive me if I'm asking a dumb question ... but isn't John Rogers the guy who approached the various newspapers to purchase their old photo collections (or was this someone else?)?

If I'm remembering correctly that it was John Rogers who acquired those collections, then doesn't it stand to reason that he would have lots of authentic photos as well as whatever reproduced photos he introduced?

If he mixed the real and fake stuff together ... that will be a real nightmare to collectors of photos ... because you would have no way of knowing what is real versus reproduced. Of course that may already be the case because he's been selling for a while and who knows how those photos have changed hands over the years.

REALLY hurts the entire market for photos if the largest collector of photos is fraudulent. Of course, it REALLY helps PSA if that's the case because they get business for years.

Patrick

prewarsports
11-24-2014, 10:32 PM
Unfortunately, certain people were targeted. Almost all the bad stuff was never really "released" into the general pool of collectors and thankfully these individuals care more for the hobby than for money and the bad stuff will never again see the light of day.

I would not worry about the future of the photo hobby with regard to this story.

Rich Klein
11-25-2014, 02:47 AM
Forgive me if I'm asking a dumb question ... but isn't John Rogers the guy who approached the various newspapers to purchase their old photo collections (or was this someone else?)?

If I'm remembering correctly that it was John Rogers who acquired those collections, then doesn't it stand to reason that he would have lots of authentic photos as well as whatever reproduced photos he introduced?

If he mixed the real and fake stuff together ... that will be a real nightmare to collectors of photos ... because you would have no way of knowing what is real versus reproduced. Of course that may already be the case because he's been selling for a while and who knows how those photos have changed hands over the years.

REALLY hurts the entire market for photos if the largest collector of photos is fraudulent. Of course, it REALLY helps PSA if that's the case because they get business for years.

Patrick

Without saying anything about what Mr. Rogers did or did not do, that was exactly what Smokey's in Las Vegas did during Operation Bullpen. They would have signings in their store, so they could mix in the good autographs with the forged autographs they were selling through the mail.

Brian Van Horn
11-25-2014, 05:34 AM
Just read the article and felt like I was wading through slime.