PDA

View Full Version : Pc-Unc Rose Post Cards- w/real photos

Leon
11-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Being a generic, real photo postcard collector, when this one popped up as a Buy it Now on the bay, I didn't even haggle a few bucks on the asking price. I think it's neat looking, has a baseball angle and goes great in my low budget collection :). I missed it the first time in a larger group of generics. Then it got sold singly and am happy to add it to my collection...BTW, I know there is some skepticism always associated with these because of how they were distributed, but I don't see any reason to think this low cost one is a newer edition. Hopefully we can see a few more too? And if any of you baseball PC760 card collectors have one, I guess they can be shown too. ;) The more the merrier...

http://luckeycards.com/ppc760rosegenericbaseball.jpg

jerrys
11-20-2014, 10:10 PM
This card was part of a large postcard lot in a recent auction. It is a Rose Co. postcard but not a PC760. It is a 1909 era homemade card similar to the Springfield postcards that surfaced in 2004 and again in 2013. History of these type cards and other samples can be seen under the Postcard Variations section here:

http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/features/set-overview-1908-09-rose-company-postcards

Leon
11-20-2014, 10:18 PM
This card was part of a large postcard lot in a recent auction. It is a Rose Co. postcard but not a PC760. It is a 1909 era homemade card similar to the Springfield postcards that surfaced in 2004 and again in 2013. History of these type cards and other samples can be seen under the Postcard Variations section here:

http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/features/set-overview-1908-09-rose-company-postcards

Thanks Jerry. That's some great information. I won't call it by the baseball player number anymore. It definitely has the homemade feel to it. I paid a bit for it but not anywhere close to a baseball player so am quite happy. It's actually kind of neat seeing how it was made (a little crudely).

Jeffrompa
11-27-2014, 01:35 PM
This thread got buried quickly I almost missed it . I have seen one other like it but can't recall the subjects in the photo .

slidekellyslide
11-27-2014, 02:40 PM
I wonder if there is a ballplayer photo underneath the photo of the two boys?

sb1
11-27-2014, 04:54 PM
No, these were marketed blank to make your own, just as done above.

edhans
11-28-2014, 08:24 AM
Is it just me, or does that one on the left look like Shoeless Joe?:)

T206Jim
12-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Leon, here you go. Like you I found this on eBay recently and couldn't resist. Have you seen any with printed message other than the similar one in the article? How rare are these relative to the ballplayers?

T206Jim
12-22-2014, 05:22 PM
BTW, what is the significance of the phrase "Keep Your Base Until Then"?

swarmee
12-22-2014, 05:42 PM
BTW, what is the significance of the phrase "Keep Your Base Until Then"?
Probably was in a period video game that would now be translated "All your base are belong to us."