PDA

View Full Version : ? for you raw collectors

BruceinGa
11-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Does it matter to you if a card has been trimmed?
About a year or two ago I bought a card graded by CSA and decided to crack the case and send it to PSA. It wasn't a high dollar card and I thought if PSA would grade it 8 of better I could make profit. It was returned ungraded with the note "evid of trimming".
I was wondering if trimming makes a difference to you that collect raw cards .
Thanks

savedfrommyspokes
11-18-2014, 04:51 PM
When I am buying a raw card(that I intend to keep raw) that may be trimmed for my collection, if the price is right and the disclosure is made that the cards is "short", I would be fine with it.

JoeDfan
11-18-2014, 05:23 PM
I JUST bought a card that was obviously trimmed, but the seller disclosed it, and the card had great eye appeal. Normally, I would shy away from it, but if the card is rare (this one was), or I just can't live with the hole in the collection, I have no problem buying trimmed cards.

However, since some people DON'T disclose it, I keep a few commons around for each set if I can, and measure them carefully. I think there is a HUGE difference between buying a known trim, and discovering it yourself after the fact.

BruceinGa
11-18-2014, 06:22 PM
thanks for the replies.. If I sell it I'll disclose the fact that it was thought to be trimmed.