PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Bay Area Show this Saturday (November 22)

oaks1912
11-17-2014, 11:40 PM
The 30th Annual Sports Collectors show will be held this Saturday November 22 at St Leanders Church (Ryan O'Connell Hall) located at 575 West Estudillo in San Leandro. The show features 75 tables (SOLD OUT) covering more than a century of sports items (Cards, Memorabilia, New & Old, Graded & Raw, Several sports). Show hours are 9 AM - 4PM... Admission is $4 (Print this notice for $1 off a single admission) .... No celebrity signings or grading services will be present.....DIRECTIONS DRIVING BY CAR.. Interstate 880 to Davis Street .Exit EAST on Davis.Stay on Davis for approximately 1 mile to Carpentier (1 Block past San Leandro Blvd). Turn right on Carpentier .Stay on Carpentier for 1 block to West Estudillo.Turn right on West Estudillo. One half block on West Estudillo.Turn left into parking lot. 575 West Estudillo is the address.......... TAKE BART (Fremont or Dublin/Pleasanton train) to the San Leandro station. The hall is located directly across the street from the SAN LEANDRO BART station. Need more info...Email me at mark_macrae@comcast.net

Louieman
11-18-2014, 10:59 AM
I'll be there!

conor912
11-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Wish I could make it. Have a great show, Mark!

packs
11-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Just wanted to say I used to love going to this show when I was still in the Bay Area and always enjoyed talking to the dealers and the nice ladies who work the door.

earlybball
11-18-2014, 01:58 PM
I too used to frequent this great show throughout the 1980's. My move to the far away shores of England nipped my attendance in the bud but I still harbour fond memories and live in hope that I will make a comeback one day! Good luck with the auction and please keep it going for many year to come (it is one of the few links left to my baseball collecting childhood)! Jason

Lgarza99
11-18-2014, 06:29 PM
I made the show last year and had a great time. I was able to buy several T206 cards and some odd ball stuff. I should be able to make the show again this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

Rich Klein
11-18-2014, 07:40 PM
I learned a lot about how to do our non-profit show at Adat from chatting and listening to Mark.

While out table peak can be only 50 at our present location, doing slow and measured growth is paramount. And keeping table fees down is good as well.

Dan Carson
11-22-2014, 08:03 AM
A little bump for a great show!

Thirteen
11-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Really appreciate the head's up on this show! I'll be bringing my 6-year old son along.

I tend to browse Net54 often to see what's up and messages like this and the auction reminders from Leon have been most welcome. It's actually led to some increased sales in some auctions that were "ending soon" that I either forgot about or didn't even know about. Maybe not huge sales but extra sales none the less...

regards,
-Dave

Louieman
11-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Went today and had an awesome time, probably the most fun I've had at the show since I was 12! Thanks to Mark and everyone else at the tables. Got a Hal Newhouser exhibit, a nice American Caramel from Mark, and a couple nice items I'd like to share:

Louieman
11-22-2014, 05:40 PM
A nice postcard from the teens or 20s as well

oaks1912
11-23-2014, 08:45 AM
Thanks to those who came out yesterday, especially in light of the huge storm that clobbered Northern California on Saturday morning. Nice to see the regulars, and also to add more than 25 new attendees to the mailing list. A lot of people were walking around with bags full of purchases, and I even added a few PCL photos to the archive. See you at the next one in June:)