PDA

View Full Version : Billy Hamilton & Hugh Duffy Postcard Help

jb217676
11-15-2014, 05:26 AM
Picked up these two postcards yesterday and was wondering if you guys could help me locate a couple of players.

The first is a 1907 Providence postcard with Hugh Duffy when he was player/manager. The second is a 1910 Lynn Shoemakers postcard with Billy Hamilton as manager.

If you guys could help me identify each of these players on their respective postcards that would be great!
(I have an idea who they might be but want to see what everyone else thinks)

bcbgcbrcb
11-15-2014, 05:43 AM
Jeff:

Just off the top of my head, Duffy standing in the front row dead-center with the dark shirt pocket. This is without doing facial comparisons.

Not sure about Hamilton........

spec
11-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Picked up these two postcards yesterday and was wondering if you guys could help me locate a couple of players.

The first is a 1907 Providence postcard with Hugh Duffy when he was player/manager. The second is a 1910 Lynn Shoemakers postcard with Billy Hamilton as manager.

If you guys could help me identify each of these players on their respective postcards that would be great!
(I have an idea who they might be but want to see what everyone else thinks)

Hamilton is the gentleman in the center wearing a suit and bowler hat. I was an underbidder on that postcard, but I wanted it for my New England League collection and wasn't willing to pay a premium for Hamilton as none of the other players are notable. Phil's ID of Duffy on the Providence postcard is correct.

jb217676
11-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Great! Thanks guys. Billy Hamilton stuff can get expensive so I was happy to get a nice deal on that one.

triwak
11-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Cool cards!!

VintageBall
11-16-2014, 08:06 AM
Dig those Easter Island sized heads in the back row of the Duffy PC. Those two players always led the league in getting hit in the noggins.

Oh what that PC publisher would have given for PhotoShop back in the day...

Robert S

terjung
11-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Dig those Easter Island sized heads in the back row of the Duffy PC. Those two players always led the league in getting hit in the noggins.

Oh what that PC publisher would have given for PhotoShop back in the day...

Robert S

Holy crap that is funny!