PDA

View Full Version : From Seattle...

Runscott
11-12-2014, 06:50 PM
RATS

Those voters are Kluber-less

earlywynnfan
11-13-2014, 05:49 AM
While I think they made the right choice, I'm surprised at the vote total.

frankbmd
11-13-2014, 07:28 AM
RATS

Those voters are Kluber-less

Scott,

If it's any solace, Kluber is most similar at age 28 to Joe Corbett. Corbett was a one year wonder at age 21, pitched briefly in 1904 at age 28, and never won another game.;)

Runscott
11-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Actually, I like Kluber. I had been looking forward all week to the award presentation and it was the first time I had ever listened to Kluber talk. I have to admit that after listening to him and hearing the finalists discussed, I was sort of hoping he would get the award - very nice, humble guy, and his performance this year was really special. Felix will have great years almost every year, but this was Kluber's first, so you hope he does well in the future, but he doesn't have a history of it yet. If he doesn't have a great career, at least he has this Cy Young Award.

Also, I think that one bad start in Toronto did it for Felix - all the starters let us down during that stretch, and the voters had to be thinking about it. If that bad start had come early, and Felix had instead finished with his record-setting streak, the vote might have been different.

arc2q
12-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Also from Seattle, how could Russell Wilson not have been voted to the Pro Bowl? Or even as a Pro Bowl 1st or 2nd alternate. He is a legitimate MVP candidate and probably the most dynamic player in the NFL.

rats60
12-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Also from Seattle, how could Russell Wilson not have been voted to the Pro Bowl? Or even as a Pro Bowl 1st or 2nd alternate. He is a legitimate MVP candidate and probably the most dynamic player in the NFL.

? 17th in passing yards, 14th in passing TDs, 9th in rating. The guys voted in are better QBs and more deserving MVP candidates. Seattle's MVP candidate is their defense.

Runscott
12-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Richard Sherman made some good points as to why other Seahawks did not make it. But I agree that the qb choices were good ones.

mart8081
12-26-2014, 03:37 AM
This site make for interesting reading. Every single play in every game is broken down and grades given. Using this system here are the 'deserving' pro bowl players.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/12/17/2014-pff-pro-bowl-selections/

This has no regard for the popularity ratings that see players voted in year after year.