PDA

View Full Version : Want to give a shout out to fellow board member.

ksfarmboy
11-12-2014, 03:29 PM
I was recently contacted by fellow Net54 member Peter Fishman (Willow Grove). He saw a few of my posts about Kansas baseball and took a chance to buy a postcard in the hopes that it would be something that I would be interested in. When I received the picture of the card I was very excited to say the least. Then the topper was Peter was only going to charge me for what he had in it. Wow totally cool and first class all the way! Thanks Peter!

I would also like to thank anyone that has helped me assemble my collection in the past. Guys like Dan Bretta, Hank Thomas And Rhys Yeakley will notice some of the items that came from them. If I left anybody out thank you too.

The Ad Brennan card is the one Peter got for me. You can see why I was excited as it goes with two others from my collection. Plus for those that haven't seen my Kansas collection here's the link for you to check out.

http://s194.photobucket.com/user/ksfarmboy/library/Kansas%20Baseball?sort=6&page=1

gnaz01
11-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Peter is a great guy, and a great collector!

slidekellyslide
11-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Very nice!!! Congrats Clint, and good on you Peter! :)

D.P.Johnson
11-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Super cool card and great gesture from Peter!

perezfan
11-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Peter is indeed a true asset to the Forum and to the Collecting community. He has made me aware of items that have come to market, and that fit my collecting focus.... including just this week!

He also has a very good eye for quality and great taste... the very type of collector that makes net54 a better place. Excellent "shout-out", Clint!

ruth-gehrig
11-12-2014, 07:40 PM
I dont know Peter but that was a very nice gesture. And Clint...as I'm originally from KS I particularily enjoyed looking through your Kansas baseball collection. Very nice!

Duluth Eskimo
11-12-2014, 11:30 PM
I usually do not look at personal collections online, but decided to take a look at your Kansas collection. Being from Minnesota and not having MLB prior to the 1960's, I found many very interesting items close to my personal collecting interests. That is a very impressive collection of early baseball items. Kudos

1880nonsports
11-13-2014, 02:09 AM
I can't find anything I need..............:o

Nice to take note of some of the good things about the hobby and the people............

ksfarmboy
11-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks guys. Many honest and positive people in this hobby and more should be given credit.

autograf
11-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Have been emailing Peter off and on this week and he seems like a great guy. Fantastic Add (Ad) for your collection! Very nice gesture...........

ethicsprof
11-13-2014, 07:27 PM
always great to hear these stories of the vintage collecting community at its best!
many thanks for sharing.

all the best,
barry

Scott Garner
11-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Hey Peter,
Way to go! ;)

Clint, that is a great pickup- congrats! Wow, what a great complimentary piece.

BTW, Peter is a very nice guy and has reached out to me a number of times when he spots cool things related to no-hitters, which he knows I collect.

WillowGrove
11-14-2014, 09:17 PM
Clint - thank you for such a thoughtful post. As you know, I was happy to do it.

And thanks so much for the really kind words guys. I truly appreciate it. Really gives me a good feeling to read this.

Good stuff everybody.

thanks again.

peter