PDA

View Full Version : T3 grading standards, PSA & SGC

GregMitch34
11-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Is it universally accepted that grading standards for T3s are looser than almost any other issue, and if so, why? Is it because their strong images, which are often fairly pristine and striking and colorful and balance very soft corners or smudged grey borders? Is everyone okay with this? Is one reason SGCs are far less popular in this case because their grading for T3s is even more forgiving than PSA, or unrelated?

Leon
11-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Is it universally accepted that grading standards for T3s are looser than almost any other issue, and if so, why? Is it because their strong images, which are often fairly pristine and striking and colorful and balance very soft corners or smudged grey borders? Is everyone okay with this? Is one reason SGCs are far less popular in this case because their grading for T3s is even more forgiving than PSA, or unrelated?

I have always thought all of the grading companies are lenient on T3s. I guess as long as they are consistent it's not a big deal. I haven't compared SGC vs PSA specifically.

GregMitch34
11-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Anyone want to weigh in on PSA vs. SGC standards for T3s, also why SGC with much lower value...and other issues that are given wider leeway?

Leon
11-11-2014, 01:52 PM
This is in a PSA 3 holder. Honestly, I can't say I have ever said "wow" that is way different than the other grading company (SGC or PSA) would have graded this. But they are both probably weak or strong in certain areas of grading these larger cards. Overall, I think both SGC and PSA grade them a bit more leniently than smaller cards, right or wrong.