PDA

View Full Version : A new scam site

Lordstan
11-09-2014, 02:24 PM
A warning for the board. A friend just showed me this site. Quick. Run and get your Matty cut for $1500.[emoji35]

http://starblissautographs.com/collections/all

Runscott
11-09-2014, 02:50 PM
They are probably able to sell things so cheap due to low overhead - it looks like they only needed one pen, one pencil, one employee and a box of papers from an estate sale.

RichardSimon
11-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Where are the Feds when you really need them?
This site really does suck.

gashouse34
11-09-2014, 03:43 PM
I love their "Athentication Info" tab. Attaching a youtube video really goes a long way in helping us believe they are legit:rolleyes: Also like the "smear" technique as its applied to the Joe Jackson Cut.

roarfrom34
11-09-2014, 07:58 PM
I love their "Athentication Info" tab. Attaching a youtube video really goes a long way in helping us believe they are legit:rolleyes: Also like the "smear" technique as its applied to the Joe Jackson Cut.

not to mention the link to the Hauls of Shame site

GrayGhost
11-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Im out of work and running out my time in this temp house and unempl, but NEED A MATTY. Will they take time payments? AWFUL

Lordstan
11-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Well. At least they are not lying to people.
From their About Us page....

"Our Services:

StarBliss Autographs will assist that special enthusiast in creating the highest quality memorabilia collection with some of the most rare and sought after items of the 20th and 21st century!"

That's right. They'll create those special memorabilia items just for you.

RichardSimon
11-11-2014, 06:27 AM
This site has now become a site for "Paul McCartney Enterprise", more of a scam then before.
I hope McCartney gets word of this and sues their asses for mucho money.
And you know he has the lawyers to bleed them to death.

rjackson44
11-11-2014, 06:40 AM
Richard is correct another coaches corner so sad

johnmh71
11-11-2014, 06:57 AM
They get everything in person......directly from the forger.

RichardSimon
11-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Pretty interesting coincidence that they changed the site, to Paul McCartney Enterprise (a division of Coaches Corner?) :), as soon as the info about the Star site was posted here.
And no information as to their location or phone number.
No contact info at all, other than a gmail.com e mail address.
What if I want 6 or 8 McCartney signed albums and want to place a phone order? :).

Lordstan
11-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Geez. I need to take out a loan to buy all the Beatles signed sheets he has @$2500 per. 😲

What a shame.

Runscott
11-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Paul McCartney would have no luck doing anything to them - they aren't located in a country that gives a flip about the law. That's the problem with most of these scams.

Coaches Corner is unique in that they are doing it right in front of the FBI.

Leon
11-11-2014, 10:33 AM
A warning for the board. A friend just showed me this site. Quick. Run and get your Matty cut for $1500.[emoji35]

http://starblissautographs.com/collections/all

Clicking on the highlighted, and executable link in the article on this page in the link below, Beatles Memorabilia, brings you to Steiner Sports.....

http://paulmccartney-autographs.com/pages/about-us

roarfrom34
11-11-2014, 10:35 AM
kind of reminds me of the "Joe DiMaggio Authentication Co" from the Operation Bullpen days....

RichardSimon
11-11-2014, 11:08 AM
Paul McCartney would have no luck doing anything to them - they aren't located in a country that gives a flip about the law. That's the problem with most of these scams.

Coaches Corner is unique in that they are doing it right in front of the FBI.

Scott - Where are they located?

btw - the images on the site appear to be authentic but the images have been stolen from other legit sites.
A major Beatles expert has contacted me and told me that the "cut" of the four Beatles for $2500 was actually a photo signed on the back that he had just sold and that the image was stolen from his web site.
Here is the e mail I received from the Beatles expert:
"his Beatles material is good.....don't know where he is getting the images aside from the one he lifted from my site.....and he is probably taking money and not sending anything out in return? Something is going on for sure."

ooo-ribay
11-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Pretty interesting coincidence that they changed the site, to Paul McCartney Enterprise.

That's a shame....starbliss had such a nice ring to it. :rolleyes:

Did they get out of the baseball business (for now)?

RichardSimon
11-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Now that we are talking about their new site, I guess tomorrow they will be selling art.

Runscott
11-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Scott - Where are they located?

My guess would be Eastern Europe or SE Asia, but I would bet my Beatles-signed original McCartney bass guitar that it is not in the United States or Western Europe. There is probably someone on this board who can figure out their location.

The scammers are safe to accept money from any of the credit card companies in the west, who will then refund the duped person's money and then be stuck with the results. At some point that will end - I'm surprised that fraud loophole is still open.

The worldwide nature of the internet is great, but it is also not-so-great.

jgmp123
11-11-2014, 02:36 PM
If you click on the "CLICK HERE" for more info it takes you to the Hauls of Shame site....so weird.

http://paulmccartney-autographs.com/pages/about-us

We will not be in agreement for refunds, or exchanges based on information provided by these entities.CLICK HERE for more info!

jgmp123
11-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Also...the Server pings from Chicago, IL....but it looks like it was registered in Canada.

Runscott
11-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Also...the Server pings from Chicago, IL....but it looks like it was registered in Canada.

I always assumed that these 'bad English' (e.g: province instead of provenance) websites were run out of SE Asia and Eastern Europe. But I guess given that the feds have ignored Coaches Corner which operates on our own soil, nothing should be surprising.

Perhaps the United States is actually the safest place for scammers to operate?

RichardSimon
11-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Perhaps the United States is actually the safest place for scammers to operate?

For autograph scammers it is.

MikeKam
11-11-2014, 03:47 PM

Pretty close to where I live, building that corresponds to the phone number and area code seems to be a bar or music shop.

Edit: looks like the business that operates there is just a domain provider. Probably explains why that information popped up as being in Toronto.

earlywynnfan
11-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Hasn't it been proven that you can never trust a Canadian??

Runscott
11-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Hasn't it been proven that you can never trust a Canadian??

I once dated a Canadian girl. I still remember.... "eh eh eh eh eh eh EHHHHHH!!!!"

RichardSimon
11-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Take a look at the site now.
It has become Christymathewsonautographs.com.
The site includes a Christy Mathewson signed softball for only $3000, it looks straight out of Pennsylvania.
These guys will try anything to keep in business but I would bet that they have not sold anything.
This is some business plan, very unique.
btw - I found McCartney's people and did report the McCartney site to them but now that is gone :confused:.

ps. Anyone know who handles the Mathewson estate? CMG?

jgmp123
11-11-2014, 06:51 PM
It's been Babe-ruthautographs.com and other names in the past based on the registry.

RichardSimon
11-12-2014, 04:57 PM
All of a sudden they have 7 Babe Ruth ss baseballs.
Wow, I wish I could get my inventory that fast.

SikSyko
11-12-2014, 05:07 PM
They even left the Huggins and Scott Auctions tag in one of the photos.

Lordstan
11-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Wow. Not 1, Not 2, but 3 Mathewson autos of which 2 appear to be single signed balls. Please, everyone buy something from my BST post, so I can raise money to buy Mathewson and Ruth balls.
HFS. Who can we report these dirt bags to that can do anything about it?

jbhofmann
11-13-2014, 06:27 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if the link takes you to a different page every day?? If that's even possible. Some way of trying to cover their tracks??

Runscott
11-13-2014, 09:35 AM
I wonder how Paypal and credit cards cover themselves regarding claims against thieves like this?

I wonder if anyone here has ever fallen for something like this?

jgmp123
11-13-2014, 10:14 AM
The awful reality is that someone will barter a deal with them on some crap and then try to push it over on Proxibid to a bigger idiot that will pay...

Runscott
11-13-2014, 10:18 AM
James, this brings up a very interesting question: some pictures are of fake items, but some are of real items. Certainly they can't sell that real H&S Ruth ball for $600, since they don't even have it. That one will end up being credit card fraud. But they might be intentionally showing pictures of fakes, knowing that other fraudsters will buy the fake to re-sell. But my guess is that the secondary fraudster will also end up with nothing.

Basically, no physical products are being sold (my guess).

RichardSimon
11-13-2014, 11:44 AM
I wonder if anyone here has ever fallen for something like this?

I would hope that with ZERO contact info on the site that nobody falls for this crap.
The seller has no physical address listed and no phone number listed, just a gmail.com e mail address.
That is sure to instill confidence in any buyer :).

jgmp123
11-13-2014, 12:29 PM
And the reference to avoid "3rd Party Authenticators" is a link to Hauls of Shame...Gotta love the thought behind that.

Mr. Zipper
11-14-2014, 10:33 AM
Does he own all these names and just keeps rotating regularly or is it a result of the exposure here?

earlywynnfan
11-14-2014, 01:39 PM
Joke around if you will, but I've already let my family know that I'm holding my Christmas spending money. As soon as this site becomes earlywynnautographs.com, I'm going on a spending spree!!!

RichardSimon
11-17-2014, 10:20 AM
A quote from this site that is on their item description page:

"All historic information and province is documented on the certification form that will accompany."

Their items have province,,, I wonder what province they come from?
Quebec? Ontario?