PDA

View Full Version : Does This Card Appear Trimmed?

clydepepper
11-09-2014, 08:17 AM
I recently sold this card on EBAY and received a refund request from the buyer stating that the card was trimmed on the right and bottom borders. I am complying with his request, pending the card's return of course, but never saw the evidence, either in scan or in person. Additionally, I paid almost three times what the buyer paid when I originally purchased it from a reputable dealer about ten years ago.

What do you think?

whelenfan
11-09-2014, 08:19 AM
it looks alright to me...

Republicaninmass
11-09-2014, 08:28 AM
Top edge looks suspect, but this issue is all over the place

iwantitiwinit
11-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Looks trimmed top edge and bottom left.

Harford20
11-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Agree, top right edge is concerning. Bottom hard to tell for me.

asoriano
11-09-2014, 08:57 AM
Tough to tell from the scan provided but that bottom border definitely looks wavy.

Bottom edge:
http://i61.tinypic.com/2njelhx.png

Right edge:
http://i62.tinypic.com/28qqoig.png

Edited to add images of bottom and right border

vthobby
11-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Although the scan is funky as the card is not sitting in the case squarely, the bottom edge has major problems. It is either miscut or it is crudely trimmed. Very evident in the bottom right area of the edge.

Just start from the Y in bottomley and follow the bottom edge over to the right. Looks like a mini ski slope!

So the bottom on the Bottomely is suspect! Sorry, could not resist! :cool:

peace, mike

Econteachert205
11-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Top right edge as previously stated

11-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Tough to tell from the scan provided but that bottom border definitely looks wavy.

+1 It looks like it was cut with kid scissors.

clydepepper
11-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the expert opinions. I feel better about providing the refund and worse about my previous purchasing habits. No wonder I currently tend to buy graded cards, though I realize even that isn't a panacea.

I'm still learning, but am enjoying my education.

Thanks again,
Raymond

steve B
11-09-2014, 01:22 PM
The right and bottom do both look Like they're trimmed.

Odd cuts can happen, both stepped like the right top corner and curved like the bottom. But they're difficult to explain and prove. Nobody would slab them, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Two different odd cuts on the same card? I don't recall ever seeing that. So without it in hand I'd go with trimmed. It's the most likely explanation.

As far as Ebay goes, It would probably be worth doing better scans. It might save a bit of hassle, although there's no way to make everyone actually look at the bigger scan (Or read a decent description)

Steve B