PDA

View Full Version : Ty cobb, tris speaker photo in their hunting outfits

EVAJOY91
11-08-2014, 11:43 AM
An original 5" x 7" photo. Carl Buckeye, Tris Speaker, Ty Cobb and Max Wilde in their hunting outfits. Purchased with an original Polo Grounds World Series photograph that I need to identify THE GENTLEMEN in The Photos. Photo posted in a separate thread. Any information on the Polo Grounds Photo
Surely appreciated.
Thank you as always.

gnaz01
11-09-2014, 05:07 AM
Is there a question in this thread anywhere??? Started why???

EVAJOY91
11-09-2014, 05:54 AM
Carl Buckeye? Is there any information on him? Thanks again, gnaz01.

ruth-gehrig
11-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Ridiculous.........again! :rolleyes:

EVAJOY91
11-09-2014, 09:54 AM
What is ridiculous? It's your comments. Please read the net54 rules for using this site. It's an information forum. Respectful responses only between members. No vulgarity and no disrespect between members. I find your response very disrespectful. If you have any more to say i would appreciate a private email. If i was you, i wouldn't show you stupidity in a public response to my posts but rather do it in private. I'm no kid. I'm 60 years of age and have been in this hobby since 1989. I attend all nationals and major sports card shows. If you want to meet up with me to talk about this great hobby, an invitation is open anytime. Lets try to get along.:)

Lordstan
11-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Seriously. Use Google like the rest of us. I'm OK with asking for help, but it doesn't appear that you are willing to do any work of your own. The person who found all the information on your other photo just looked it up on Google. Perhaps, if you had done that little bit of work, you could have come on here with all that information to share with the group. This would be seen as contributing rather than just taking

Runscott
11-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Is there a question in this thread anywhere??? Started why???

Greg, you are so dense. He has posted a photo here with all the people identified and is asking who the people are in a photo that is in an entirely different thread.

Duh. If you had been reading his past 'one item per thread posts', you would understand how to communicate with him. This is simply an evolution of those threads that mixes up the photos for more interesting discussions.

vintagesportscollector
11-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Evajoy - it doesn't say "Carl" Buckeye, it clearly appears to say "Carland". There is however no "Carland" Buckeye - But a google search of Carland Buckeye immediately brings up Garland Buckeye. That is who it is. It can be a simple as that - a little thought, a little effort, and two clicks of the mouse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garland_Buckeye

I never heard of "Gob" Buckeye so I learned something too. That's a nice photo.

gnaz01
11-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Greg, you are so dense. He has posted a photo here with all the people identified and is asking who the people are in a photo that is in an entirely different thread.

Duh. If you had been reading his past 'one item per thread posts', you would understand how to communicate with him. This is simply an evolution of those threads that mixes up the photos for more interesting discussions.

Sorry Scott, my bad :(

Econteachert205
11-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Photo sold like 3 months ago for 76 dollars. I was an under bidder. One of a series of similar ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ty-Cobb-Tris-Speaker-Rare-Candid-Non-Baseball-Photograph-Circa-1920-30s-/390925028284?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item5b04f28bbc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ty-Cobb-Tris-Speaker-Rare-Candid-Non-Baseball-Photograph-Circa-1920-30s-/371136933788?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item56697c2f9c