PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Wanted: Dealer's & Auctioneer's - Personal Collections

Bumpus Jones
11-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on what percentage of dealers are still collectors and to what degree. Just curious...

Thanks

bbcard1
11-07-2014, 08:37 AM
With the prices I see some dealers asking at shows, i would say that their inventory is a collection.

ValKehl
11-07-2014, 04:22 PM
With the prices I see some dealers asking at shows, i would say that their inventory is a collection.

+1 - and, I would add eBay dealers to Todd's statement.
Val

Leon
11-08-2014, 07:57 AM
As I had said in the other thread it seems like 50% or more of dealers are collectors too. I usually ask dealers at the National what/if they collect and it seems most do. Another question would be "how many current dealers are emphatic/zealous collectors?" The ones I have asked usually say they dabble but most were previous rabid collectors....Some say they can't do both so got out of collecting..

frankbmd
11-08-2014, 08:02 AM
As I had said in the other thread it seems like 50% or more of dealers are collectors too. I usually ask dealers at the National what/if they collect and it seems most do. Another question would be "how many current dealers are emphatic/zealous collectors?" The ones I have asked usually say they dabble but most were previous rabid collectors....Some say they can't do both so got out of collecting..

This begs the question,

"Are you rabid, Leon?"

Leon
11-08-2014, 08:06 AM
This begs the question,

"Are you rabid, Leon?"

No, I got my shots with my 3 new doggie rescues... However, I am hopelessly addicted so might still need a 12 step program.