PDA

View Full Version : Bar game dating??

earlywynnfan
10-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Can anyone help me identify when this bar game would have been made? I know it's not super-valuable. Also, the mechanism is so simplistic, but I can see no way to make it work. Is there a resident game expert on board?

Thanks, Ken

Butch7999
10-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Not sure we're, umm, allowed to respond to you, but...
we've seen a similar version before, with a different finish and somewhat different hardware:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/Butch799/objects/bbarcadearcadegm03MUYUb_zpscdf6bb78.jpg~original

Unfortunately, we've no information on the manufacturer or the age, although it looks very 1950s...
Someone else here is likely to have that info, but if not, someone at our own forum might know.

earlywynnfan
10-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Thanks! You're right, it is pretty much exactly like mine.

Why wouldn't you be allowed to respond to me? I must be missing something.:(

Ken

perezfan
10-26-2014, 08:09 PM
It was called "Hit a Homer" by Abco. Late 1940s/early 1950s, I believe. The examples posted are missing the painted glass fronts. These often cracked or broke, and were subsequently replaced by plain/clear glass (as are the examples posted here).

I am currently without power and a computer, but a simple google search under "Hit a Homer Arcade" should reveal prices realized for this game. Also I know Hunts has had a few. Their previous sales don't typically come up on google searches, but you can search past auction results on the Hunts website.

Hope this is helpful!

perezfan
10-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Here you go... Hope this works from iPhone...

http://huntauctions.com/LIVE/imageviewer_online.cfm?auction_num=25&lot_num=644&lot_qual=

Butch7999
10-26-2014, 10:26 PM
perezfan, thanks for the ID on the game. We've long had Hit-A-Homer catalogued, too,
but didn't associate it with Ken's model until you pointed it out.

Ken, no worries, just a lame allusion to a previous issue with another poster.