PDA

View Full Version : An ebay seller with integrity? Who woulda thunk it??

JollyElm
10-24-2014, 03:17 PM
It's a minor thing, but whenever I run across a misidentified 1962 Topps Green Tint on ebay, I send the seller a message informing them of the error in their listing. As you can imagine, the responses are ridiculously laughable. "You have no idea what you're talking about!!" or my favorite, "You're a nosy liar!!!" and on and on. Ha ha. Pathetic! And, of course, the listings are never edited and corrected by these jerk offs.

Well, the other day I ran across a listing where PSA (once again) got it wrong, not the ebay seller. So I messaged the guy, "This is NOT a green tint. It is completely and utterly mislabeled by PSA. You should let potential bidders know this fact."

Today I got a message from the seller thanking me for informing him of the error and he changed his listing to now include a picture of an actual green tint next to the card he is selling as well as stating outright that PSA mislabeled it. This shows a tremendous amount of integrity and he has now gained a future new customer in me. I'm sure there are others around these parts who appreciate this type of honesty as much as I do.

His ebay ID is: topnotchcards4u

The auction is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151449209871

bnorth
10-24-2014, 04:25 PM
That is awesome, I love to hear the stories about the good guys in our hobby.

brob28
10-25-2014, 06:16 AM
That is nice to hear Jolly. I usually have had great luck with Ebay, but recently had three bad transactions: 2 where sellers failed to mention creases in cards that were described as Ex/Mt. One where the seller showed a green tint card in the listing and sent a regular issue. When I asked about it he indicated he used stock photos for his cards!! They all accepted returns but its still a pain in the ass! I've been buying and selling on Ebay since 2005 and had more bad purchases in one month than in my first 10 years combined!! I guess the bad luck eventually evens out.

Then, just yesterday I received a 1961 Topps #189 Copyright at 264 in a PSA holder and low and behold upon receipt its the near 263 version. When I think of all the simple errors you've pointed out with PSA on green tints and this simple error on my '61 it amazes me they can make such frankly stupid mistakes.

Oh well, it all evens out in the end! ;)