PDA

View Full Version : Receiving a card from COMC

JWBlue
10-21-2014, 05:39 PM
I bought a card on COMC. The website says the following regarding shipping.

]If you would like any of your cards to be shipped in toploaders, select the "Add Toploader" option for each corresponding item. There is a 20¢ fee for each toploader.

For smaller orders, cards are placed in penny sleeves and are braced with plastic toploaders. We carefully pack each order using either durable bubble mailers or cardboard boxes. Larger orders are shipped in boxes with each card placed in a penny sleeve.

Are these toploaders sturdy plastic? I imagine not if it costs 20¢.

The card is a 2007 Donruss die cut which means it is probably less sturdy than a regular card.

Someone in a another forum said he regretted having them send the card a top holder since it was "snug". Is snug bad? Should I just have them send it without one?

buymycards
10-21-2014, 08:22 PM
I have received several shipments from COMC. The packaging has always been very solid. I have never paid the 20 cents for a toploader. The cards come in penny sleeves, with 10-20 cards between a pair of toploaders. I ship many of my lots the same way and I have never had a problem. COMC will do a first rate job with your shipping.

Rick

bnorth
10-22-2014, 07:07 AM
I will give you the same answer I gave on the BO forum. I have bought around 400 cards off COMC and have never had a problem with their normal shipping.

Your card will be ok. They do a great job of shipping.

scoobysnacksforyou
10-22-2014, 07:28 AM
echo the comments above. Have bought several times from COMC and never had an issue. But if the 20 cent toploader will make you feel better, then to you it will be worth it. They are standard toploads.

grainsley
10-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Just an FYI for Canadians......they ship to their facility in Burnaby, B.C. first, who forward the package on to you from there, so it does take extra time, expect a delay in delivery. As mentioned, superb shipping skills, skip the toploaders.