PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Uniform Help

Nashvol
10-20-2014, 11:27 AM
This morning I visited with a woman who has a vintage uniform in her possession. I am posting images here and asking for assistance anyone can provide as we are trying to date these items. Supposedly there is a team photograph but she could not locate it.

I did not take a great photo of the jersey, but there is nothing out of the ordinary about it other than there is a red felt heart sewn on the left sleeve. There is no number on the back; the collar tag is Goldsmith.

A cap is included and appears to have been split in the rear and a piece of material sewn in to make it larger.

The most interesting piece is the sweater, with a large red felt "H" sewn on the left front with an "L" over the cross bar and what appears to be a "B" below. There is a Lowe & Campbell tag in the collar (sorry the image is not sharper).

All comments and opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Skip

Runscott
10-20-2014, 02:33 PM
The collar area is important to see when attempting to date jerseys. Can you get us a picture of it?

Other than that, there are probably some label experts in this forum, although I've never met them :)

Nashvol
10-20-2014, 03:56 PM
I don't know why, but I didn't take more photos of the shirt. There is a sun collar. Sorry for the quality of the image.

And I didn't take a photo of the pants, which makes this a complete uniform.

I'd make a terrific archivist, if only I knew what I was doing...

JMEnglish27
10-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Try sending the pics/info to Paul Lukas at Uni Watch... uniwatching@gmail.com

He'll probably post it on his blog and someone in the group might have some answers.

Nashvol
10-20-2014, 05:35 PM
I will. Thanks John! I did find one additional shirt image that I had taken...

btcarfagno
10-20-2014, 05:37 PM
I have always thought that sun collars went out of favor in the 1920's although I am sure there are exceptions to that.

Tom C