PDA

View Full Version : Yet another T206 thread...

Eric72
10-15-2014, 09:19 PM
Hi, everyone.

Sorry for starting a new T206 thread.

Having said this, I noticed a difference between two T206 cards I have and want to know if the variation is noteworthy.

The card in question is Bob Rhoades - Hands at Chest. From my perspective, it appears that the cards were, at the very least, on different positions on the original sheet.

This likely has no affect on value; however, may lend a hand in discovering how the sheets were laid out.

Sorry for taking up your time.

Best regards,

Eric

Jobu
10-15-2014, 09:35 PM
I am interested to hear what others have to say on this.

Can you post full images of both cards?

To me it looks like it might be a misregistration/color shift rather than a plate difference. The letters have a shadow on one card and not the other, but that same shade is also present/absent on the cuff at the wrist (look at the shading of the end of the cuff and as well as the leftmost position of the cuff relative to the bottom of the "E").

Not sure if this is the type of feedback you are looking for, but I hope it helps in some way.

mrvster
10-15-2014, 09:58 PM
no need to apologize for a thread! :)

ESPECIALLY T206......if anyone has a problem , they should just not read them:)

it's T206 envy;)

+ 1 what bryan said.....btw...BRYAN (JOBU), imo, is becoming a T206 expert/ fanatic very fast!

I have actually learned some things from his observations......keep up the good work Bryan:)

Jantz
10-15-2014, 10:58 PM
Hi Eric

If I remember correctly, I think another board member pointed this out once before, I could be wrong though.

Jobu/Bryan and I were recently talking about ghosts on T206s and I emailed him a scan of a Rhoades that looks like the one you posted. (scan below)

It looks like a misalignment issue to me. Not only is the "Cleveland" off, but his hair is up on his cap.

Jantz

steve B
10-16-2014, 09:23 AM
That's one of the tough ones to figure out.

At first glance it's just a registration problem. On the left card brown is slightly to the right and slightly low compared to the other colors.

That obscures some details of the black layer. So it's hard to tell if it's the same. The left card is inked a bit heavier then the right one.
And that's where the difference shows.

Upper left corner, from the top of the first L to the collar there's one line of dots that's heavy on the right card, and light on the left card. Since the left one is inked heavily that line should be fairly heavy but isn't.
There are a few other slight differences, but that one is the easiest to see and to explain.

I'd categorize it as a probable difference for now, typically I'd want to see at least one more to be more confident that it's not just a random glitch.

Finding a few larger points on the overall front that match would also be something I'd look for on a similar card. (See the scans of a bender posted in the two names thread. )

Pretty good catch, especially if the backs are the same.

Steve B

Luke
10-16-2014, 12:27 PM
I can't see the difference I don't think. Is there something besides the registration being off that I'm missing? I've noticed a similar effect on the uniforms of a few other players. Knight comes to mind.

Eric72
10-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Full scan

Eric72
10-16-2014, 01:33 PM
Full scan #2

freakhappy
10-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Looks like registration issues to me and Eric...never apologize for starting a thread...this is the place to start one!

z28jd
10-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Looks like registration and if you searched around the interweb, you'd probably find another. Some players it happens often with, while others they did a pretty good job at the factory lining them up. I have this one where they missed pretty bad, so it looks like all the letters were done twice. There is even two periods for the "St."

Eric72
10-16-2014, 04:59 PM
Gentlemen,

Thank you all for the feedback. When I looked at them both through a loupe, the difference was dramatic, especially just to the right of Rhoades' glove.

I truly appreciate everyone's posts. Have a good evening.

Best regards,

Eric