PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Donruss line through names

swarmee
10-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Anyone remember this error variation? Was looking through some of my old cards and couldn't find them, but it doesn't seem they're valuable, or that anyone even remembers them? Is it a figment of my 25-year old memory?

Or am I remembering a different set for some reason?

bnorth
10-15-2014, 07:06 PM
A couple years ago I went through my 90 Donruss cards and pulled the errors and remember pulling some, it was only a few players. They are laying around my card room somewhere.

JoeDfan
10-16-2014, 08:09 PM
I have a pile of these somewhere in my baseball room...

BradH
10-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Anyone remember this error variation? Was looking through some of my old cards and couldn't find them, but it doesn't seem they're valuable, or that anyone even remembers them? Is it a figment of my 25-year old memory?

Or am I remembering a different set for some reason?

Yes, it was the '90 Donruss set that had this variation. The variation wasn’t overly noticeable and most of the cards carried a very minimal premium (if any) over the regular cards, as I recall. I had a decent stack of them and unloaded all of them a few years ago, except for a Harold Baines that I kept for my collection.

lahmejoon
10-18-2014, 05:00 PM
Was it a line through the name, or a line through the star on the all-star cards? I recall variations on all-star cards where a line went through the star, but don't recall line through the name variations.

swarmee
10-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Was it a line through the name, or a line through the star on the all-star cards? I recall variations on all-star cards where a line went through the star, but don't recall line through the name variations.
There were some with the line through the star, but I'm talking about the lines that are normally behind the script white name actually going in front of the white letters. My memory (which is usually pretty good) makes me think they were through the whole name, not just a star. If it helps, I lived near Daytona Beach in 1990.

swarmee
01-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Here's one like I was thinking of...
https://comimg.azurewebsites.net/i/Baseball/1990/Donruss/405/Sergio-Valdez.jpg?id=258d3fdb-0ce1-4c13-9daa-4bb668c207fa&size=zoom